• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Internet coin sales, L&C Coins

43 posts in this topic

On 8/7/2021 at 9:58 PM, James Zyskowski said:

Hey buddy I don’t see any response from you about L&C   Hopefully everything went alright. Let’s see some pictures 🤓

Sorry for the delay.  Just got home yesterday from a long vacation.  Looked at my two TPG slabbed coins I purchased (both are legit, I verified them) and I have a major concern about one of them. I purchased an MS69 2000 Silver Eagle $1 and an MS69 1983-S Proof Kennedy Half UCAM/DCAM. The graded Silver Eagle has some serious issues. I don't feel it should have even come close to being an MS69 and I am a complete novice when it comes to grading.  The Kennedy on the other hand is absolutely pristine. Not sure yet about L&C's return policy for slabbed and TPG graded coins but I will look into it. Here are some pics of the 2000 Eagle and my concerns. Numerous contact marks on the obverse and reverse but here are just a few pics of the obverse.  Her head and ear took a major hit and a gash and then look at the reeded edge contact mark above IGWT.  Not sure what to think here....  I'm not putting L&C on the hook here or saying anything bad about them because they are selling already slabbed TPG coins and I'm sure they don't look at each coin in as much detail as the end buyer.  

IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_1582.JPG

IMG_1586.JPG

IMG_1588.JPG

Edited by GBrad

That looks like a Rim mark above the( IN ) looks like it may have a milk spot also on the lower left of the gown also.

On 8/8/2021 at 9:38 AM, J P Mashoke said:

That looks like a Rim mark above the( IN ) looks like it may have a milk spot also on the lower left of the gown also.

Definitely a rim mark above IN, can see where the reeded edge of another coin hit it.  But the gash on the head and mark on the lower ear are pretty bad.  With just these two very prominent marks, along with several others on the coin, should this coin have achieved a grade of MS69? I'm trying to further my grading skills here and this isn't helping.    And then I look at my Kennedy Half I purchased that came in at MS69 and I scratch my head wondering why it is not a MS70 because I can't find a single thing wrong with it.  

Happens all the time some coins just get lucky sometimes, a grader looking at them misses something or what we think is awful is acceptable in Numismatic Grading . I remember my brother-in-law got a job at the lumber yard in sales department of paint ! He was Color Blind and Legally Blind he had glasses like the lens of a telescope :roflmao:but he could sell anything to anyone:whistle:

Just sent L&C an email regarding my 2000 ASE and returning it.  I'll let you know what they say when I hear back from them.  

On 8/8/2021 at 3:37 PM, James Zyskowski said:

Well sorry to hear that give them a call they have always been pleasant to deal with. 🤓

To reiterate on your comment about pleasant to deal with, Yes, I will have to agree with you. Kevin promptly responded to my email question. He gave me their return address and just asked to send a note along with it explaining the reason for the exchange. Can’t ask for anymore than that. 

Well... I returned my 2000 ASE S$1 to L&C Coins a few weeks ago with no questions asked.  Just got my replacement in the mail today.  I am overly pleased with this one. Can't say enough good things about Kevin at L&C and their customer service.  If only all businesses were run in this manner........ Good job Kevin and L&C!

IMG_1769.JPG

IMG_1772.JPG

On 8/23/2021 at 4:50 PM, GBrad said:

Well... I returned my 2000 ASE S$1 to L&C Coins a few weeks ago with no questions asked.  Just got my replacement in the mail today.  I am overly pleased with this one. Can't say enough good things about Kevin at L&C and their customer service.  If only all businesses were run in this manner........ Good job Kevin and L&C!

IMG_1769.JPG

IMG_1772.JPG

Glad to hear the situation was resolved to your full satisfaction!! I may have to see if L&C has an ancients selection.............

On 8/23/2021 at 6:02 PM, Mohawk said:

Glad to hear the situation was resolved to your full satisfaction!! I may have to see if L&C has an ancients selection.............

Thanks Mohawk!  Just from what I’ve seen online, they do seem to have a tremendous selection of all types of coins. Not sure about ancients but please do check them out. I don’t give out many “kudos” at all simply from my background in life. But…. I am more than willing to promote those individuals, and businesses alike, that truly deserve it and L&C deserves it.  Thanks. 

On 8/23/2021 at 4:50 PM, GBrad said:

IMG_1769.JPG

IMG_1772.JPG

It's a good looking coin .

Glad it worked out. I didn’t want to climb on the band wagon but I have bought several coins from them 6-8 and they are just the best. Now with one more good review I can say I recommend them lots of coins but they are really good at customer service . 🤓🙀