• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pig coin
2 2

11 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what this coin is. I just got it But don't physically have it is at my daughter's house So I'm unaware of the size or the weight. But I couldn't find anything on the Web  that matches

648939691.jpg

648939436.jpg

[It's too bad the Chinese lady who lives across the hall from me rarely ventures outside and does not open her doors to people she isn't expecting or I'd have your answer within minutes.  Sorry ]

It appears to be a token celebrating the Chinese Year of the Pig, 2019. Likely produced as one of a set of tokens portraying all of the Chinese zodiac symbols.

@Just Bob If not for your answer, I would have been saddled with the unenviable task of knocking on the door of an infirm woman who speaks no English unless her Home Health aide were around, and worse, putting myself in a bad light by exposing my ignorance before the throne of the King of Tokens with access to unlimited resources any one of which could have confirmed the Pig coin was not only not a coin but a slot machine token from Macau.  Thank you, sir, for your civil response.  🙏

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Change in wording.

On 7/28/2021 at 10:54 AM, JT2 said:

whew for a minute i thought they were talking about my Ex wife!!

Take my wife, … please.

@VKurtB re Take my wife...

I said to my wife, "Where do you want to go for our anniversary?"  She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said,  'Try the kitchen.'

-Henny Youngman in "Goodfellas."

(Sorry, can't help with that one either.)   🐓