• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1944 steel

8 posts in this topic

So I have a few coins. So I'm new to this bwell 9 months. Since. I have been the owner of some coins. Which I was always told they had value. Growing up. Anyhow I have always been a believe it when your eyes see it or ears hear it. The coins I have and any advice. Would be awesome. 

I have studied and joined a few groups. But I'm still effy about all this. Why would someone pay so much for coins. Lol but here we are. My coins 

1944 steel ,2 1982 d small dates 1969 s 1972 1955 nm 

A few 1955 nm ones 

And alot of others. I have numerous s mints. And a few w quarter. Can someone help me. I don't even know we're to go what to do 

Welcome to the Forum

You can start by posting clear pictures of both sides of any coin you would like information on. Post each coin on a different thread to avoid confusion.

By reading what you have, there is a strong possibility your 1944 cent may be plated or counterfeit, these are very rare.

Your 1982D small dates, we will need a weight on these. It is only the copper cents that are valuable.

The other cents are fairly common.

One question. Just bc it's rare doesn't mean I couldn't be holding one. So why say that. Why not just say it's a 50 50 chance you have that coin. I mean you never know. Also your saying the 69s dd is not worth grading? The 55 did I mean I have a feeling my 44 is authentic 

Why not just say it's a 50 50 chance you have that coin.

Because of the over 2 Billion (yes with a B) minted there are less than 6 known so I would say that yours odds are way less than 50-50.

Also your saying the 69s dd is not worth grading? 

Because in your write up, you did not mention it was a DD, you just stated it was a  69s.

One question. Just bc it's rare doesn't mean I couldn't be holding one. So why say that. Why not just say it's a 50 50 chance you have that coin. I mean you never know. Also your saying the 69s dd is not worth grading? The 55 did I mean I have a feeling my 44 is authentic 

I just noticed I didn't. Well I'm not sure if they are I was just stating. I'm not the best at this didn't mean to sound rude  but anything is possible wish I could just post pics and someone be able to tell me but I know that's impossible. But would be nice. I just don't have the money to waste sending them in I would love to tho just to know bthe coins. We're my father's. He passed. In December 2019. He had a collection of all state quarters plus a few w quarters. 

There was a note in the safe. When I got it. It said I will love y'all always. There were 4 pennies. Inside the little sticky. The 44 steel being one of them. Again sorry for coming off rude. 

Don't waste money sending them in. As I explained earlier, post photos of both sides and someone here will be able to tell you what you have. As far as the 1944 steel cent, please weigh it, that would be a good start in determining it's authenticity. As for the 1969S , a good photo of both  sides can determine if it is a DD or not.