• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NGC-My 1904 IHC Mint Error Awaits you approval, Still.
1 1

20 posts in this topic

I joined this fine group recently and have begun to add to my collection one by one. I went to add my new 1904 Indian Head Cent with Obverse Strike Though. I have inquired several times to see if the item had been accepted and still nothing. I'd sure like to get this in my registry. Any idea about this delay. Is the effect of COVID still present. Here is what I submitted. 

04 s t 1.jpg

04 s t 1.jpg

04 s t 2.jpg

On 7/17/2021 at 6:16 PM, BlakeEik said:

Interesting coin.  What steps did you take to have them "accept" the coin?  What set did you try to add it to?

I only got as far ad entering the cert number and a box popped up saying they would check on the piece and get back to me later. Could not go any farther. 

On 7/17/2021 at 3:26 PM, DrewLudwig said:

I only got as far ad entering the cert number and a box popped up saying they would check on the piece and get back to me later. Could not go any farther. 

What date did you attempt to add this coin?   If the coin is showing in another members inventory or registry set the NGC team will contact that user to see if he still is claiming ownership of the coin.   Usually its an oversight and the prior owner has not deleted it from his inventory/sets, but it can take a few days to go through this process.

On 7/17/2021 at 7:03 PM, Coinbuf said:

What date did you attempt to add this coin?   If the coin is showing in another members inventory or registry set the NGC team will contact that user to see if he still is claiming ownership of the coin.   Usually its an oversight and the prior owner has not deleted it from his inventory/sets, but it can take a few days to go through this process.

I did this two weeks ago. I'll look into it being in someones inventory.

On 7/17/2021 at 4:26 PM, DrewLudwig said:

I did this two weeks ago. I'll look into it being in someones inventory.

Oh ok that is more than the usual 3 or 4 days to resolve such an issue so I don't think that is the problem.   The NGC team does not work on the weekends as a general rule but if we tag @Ali E. hopefully she can clear this up for you on Mon AM.

On 7/17/2021 at 12:53 PM, DrewLudwig said:

I joined this fine group recently and have begun to add to my collection one by one. I went to add my new 1904 Indian Head Cent with Obverse Strike Though. I have inquired several times to see if the item had been accepted and still nothing. I'd sure like to get this in my registry. Any idea about this delay. Is the effect of COVID still present. Here is what I submitted. 

04 s t 1.jpg

04 s t 1.jpg

04 s t 2.jpg

It may be due to being an error. I have a 1959 Jefferson Nickel Improperly Annealed planchet error that was added to my “coin list” but doesn’t show up in my list of competitive coins.

On 7/17/2021 at 8:13 PM, Lem E said:

It may be due to being an error. I have a 1959 Jefferson Nickel Improperly Annealed planchet error that was added to my “coin list” but doesn’t show up in my list of competitive coins.

I will continue to inquire about it, thanks for the info. Error coins throw them off ? Just asking, how we can resolve this soon. 

On 7/17/2021 at 8:09 PM, DrewLudwig said:

I will continue to inquire about it, thanks for the info. Error coins throw them off ? Just asking, how we can resolve this soon. 

I really don’t know what happened to my coin. I assume it is in the system somewhere, but I have never been able to see it anywhere. Hopefully someone at NGC can give you more clarification. I wish you the best of luck.

On 7/17/2021 at 7:13 PM, Lem E said:

Are there sets / slots it can compete in? Sounds like a great coin to have but it might be hard to place in a category. If it can't compete, is it competitive?

On 7/17/2021 at 5:26 PM, DrewLudwig said:

There have been times in the past where I've tried to enter a coin and, while the coin was okay for the slot, it hadn't been input/configured. They fixed it within a few days and emailed me to let me know they'd fixed it and automatically added it. There have also been times when my cross-eyed self tried to put the coin in the wrong slot and I got an email saying my addition was rejected. lol (aka the nice version of "get your eyes checked and get it right, loser" - joking of course). You might want to check your spam folders or anything else and see if you are getting follow-up emails that are getting eaten that would explain what's going on.

On 7/17/2021 at 9:07 PM, Revenant said:

Are there sets / slots it can compete in? Sounds like a great coin to have but it might be hard to place in a category. If it can't compete, is it competitive?

No there are no slots in any sets for it. I can’t even see that coin. I entered the cert # and I got a similar message I think and that was it. It is nowhere in my coin inventory that I can see. Maybe the only thing would be if someone tried to claim the cert# as their own I would be notified. Otherwise, the coin does not exist as far as the registry. I don’t know if it would work or show up in a custom set as I have never done one.

I'm still not understanding what slot in what set you want to add this coin.  For your error coin, I think the following is true:

• There are no "error" slots in the competitive registry so you may want to put it into a custom registry
  • For a year/mint set, it should fit in the slot for the MS 1904 1c 
  • For a type set the accepts non-proof coins, it should fit in the slot for an Indian 1c
Edited by BlakeEik

On 7/17/2021 at 10:07 PM, Revenant said:

I'll look into this more, Trying to understand the Sets/Slot part, I go there and don't see where to go from there.

On 7/17/2021 at 11:53 PM, BlakeEik said:

I'm still not understanding what slot in what set you want to add this coin.  For your error coin, I think the following is true:

• There are no "error" slots in the competitive registry so you may want to put it into a custom registry
  • For a year/mint set, it should fit in the slot for the MS 1904 1c 
  • For a type set the accepts non-proof coins, it should fit in the slot for an Indian 1c

I'm unable to Slot it, I am unable to continue on totally confused.

On 7/17/2021 at 1:53 PM, DrewLudwig said:

04 s t 1.jpg

04 s t 1.jpg

04 s t 2.jpg

Hello, 

We have responded to your additional post regarding this coin.  Thank you.

On 7/17/2021 at 9:13 PM, DrewLudwig said:

The discussion about ancients has me going too, I have two that I have listed in my coins but it's the same thing there, I just would like this one approved to start.

Ancient coins are not eligible for competitive NGC registry sets.  You may create a Custom Registry set on www.collectors-society.com as well as view your complete inventory.  An email will be sent with directions on how to create a Custom set.  Thank you.

On 7/17/2021 at 10:31 PM, Lem E said:

No there are no slots in any sets for it. I can’t even see that coin. I entered the cert # and I got a similar message I think and that was it. It is nowhere in my coin inventory that I can see. Maybe the only thing would be if someone tried to claim the cert# as their own I would be notified. Otherwise, the coin does not exist as far as the registry. I don’t know if it would work or show up in a custom set as I have never done one.

Hello.

Thank you for the inquiry into the NGC Registry. Please click here:  Where are my Custom Sets and complete inventory/Collection Manager?