• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No faces 2017 Ellis island New Jersey’s

15 posts in this topic

Looking for guidance on my coins. I have a lot that been put to the side because i felt they could have been worth more then face value. im very thankful for all help and not trying to upset anyone.new to selling forgive me

1422C9B3-85F4-48A4-AA27-7CF575D30D1E.jpeg

FFDFC910-4744-484F-B3BE-CCB5FBFCD43D.jpeg

On 7/15/2021 at 4:46 PM, coinjunky said:

Just looking for help..cheer up champ

On 7/15/2021 at 4:44 PM, coinjunky said:
On 7/15/2021 at 4:10 PM, VKurtB said:

Ahh, the nameless and faceless huddled masses yearning to breathe free. I may need a tissue. /sniff

On 7/15/2021 at 4:05 PM, coinjunky said:

Looking for guidance on my coins. I have a lot that been put to the side because i felt they could have been worth more then face value. im very thankful for all help and not trying to upset anyone.new to selling forgive me

1422C9B3-85F4-48A4-AA27-7CF575D30D1E.jpeg

It just looks worn.

I'm sure the numbered tags were used for immigrant record keeping at Ellis Island. If remembering correctly, the young Vito Corleone in Godfather Part 2 was tagged. Thanks for pointing the tag out. I have not noticed the tag number in the design before. 

Each family group was given a number worn by all members until they were cleared. That helped keep families together, and also prevented strangers, such as medically rejected people, from claiming they were part of a family.

The numbers began with  "1" for the first family disembarked by ship, and ran through the week depending on ship arrivals.

On the coin, the top of the father's number 72 is visible.

Edited by RWB

On 7/16/2021 at 1:03 PM, Modwriter said:

@Mr.Bill347Do you know where you found your 2017 Eliis Island quarter? It is beautiful.

Modwriter, I bought the complete set through 2021 on Ebay for $39, Uncirculated. 2010 - 2021 ATB Nat Park 57 Quarter Philadelphia Uncirculated COMPLETE Set wWCD . I then filled in the mints that I didn't have, now the set is complete all uncirculated, a good way to go rather than individually.

86coins
100% positive feedback

2010 - 2021 America the Beautiful National Park Quarters Philadelphia Mint Complete Uncirculated Set (56 coins) + the 2021 "P" Washington Crossing the Delaware (WCD) Design for a Total of 57 Coins

Up for sale is a 57 coin America the Beautiful National Park Quarter Set containing all of 56 Philadelphia Mint national park quarters PLUS the 2021 Philadelphia Washington Crossing the Delaware quarter (one year design for 2021 only). All the quarters in this set have been taken directly from mint rolls/bags, handled with gloves and not touched by human hands.  This is a nice uncirculated quarter set.  The National Park Quarter Set ran from 2010 through early 2021 and included 56 different designs (all included in this set).  In 2021 the mint has released a one year quarter design showcasing Washington Crossing the Delaware.  This design will only be used in 2021 and in 2022 a new quarter series will begin with five designs a year being issued.  I have sold a lot of these sets (>650) as the coins are nice and my pricing low.

Note that these coins come directly from mint bags and rolls.  While they are uncirculated, that does not mean that they are perfect coins as coins directly from the mint can exhibit toning, minor blemishes, etc.  This set includes the following coins from the Philadelphia mint (if you would prefer a Denver mint set or both a Denver & Philadelphia coin set please let me know):

s-l1600 (4).jpg

Edited by Mr.Bill347
wrong picture

Quoted from Mr. Bill's seller's posting found in the description above:

"Note that these coins come directly from mint bags and rolls.  While they are uncirculated, that does not mean that they are perfect coins as coins directly from the mint can exhibit toning, minor blemishes, etc." 

FINALLY!!!!!! An honest and upfront seller!!!! I'd definitely bookmark this Ebay dude.......

Sorry coinjunky, not trying to hijack your post here at all. It's just that I was sidetracked by the 'seller's' comment and being honest which we don't normally see a lot of especially with Ebay sellers (not saying there aren't some very good and trustworthy sellers out there on the Bay).  We definitely need more of that in the coin selling arena.  I agree with Revenant about your coin. Just looks like it has simply been worn down from circulation, nothing special. Welcome to the forum too.