1825 Bust Cap Half Dollar, mark above the 5?

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey all :)

So on package it said check mark above the 5? On obverse above date of the coin.

Added the above info, the above date part :)

I'm blinded by all kinds of marks, I'm not sure what I see.

I did some research, thou I wanna see what you all say, might be nothing.

P_20210705_161722_1.jpg

P_20210705_160827_1.jpg

P_20210705_161101_1.jpg

20210711_09_34_07_1.jpg

20210711_09_59_56_1.jpg

Edited by SlickCoins

Posted (edited)

Im going to take a stab and say O-114. Not sure what you are saying about the 5? Obverse or reverse? Ok you edited while I was looking at the coin.

Edited by Lem E

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I didn't really see anything above the 5 either.

Just wanted to give the fellow coin collector a shot, I don't what they was thinking/seeing.

Thou I got 3 from same collector, at least same writing.

I'm gonna look that up, O-114

Edited by SlickCoins

Slick these are great looking coins. I just looked them up in my brand new 2022 Redbook but it didn’t state anything about the things marked on your package. I’m guessing some kind of Quality Contol mark, maybe like car companies paint QC marks on major parts.

14BDAF37-B036-41F4-877B-EA8275D089FD.jpeg

Is the OP referring to the possible small clash under the curl? The right field and bust are badly scratched.

Posted (edited)

The right field actually looks like the bottom of wings, maybe? Hence the sideways pic, also not my greatest, I'll get a better one, I'm not sure what they was seeing/talking about, RWB

All they said was check mark above the 5, I'm not sure which one either but I'm thinking obverse, sorry, I mean it seems like a wild goose hunt :)

Thanks

Edited by SlickCoins

1 hour ago, SlickCoins said:

The right field actually looks like the bottom of wings, maybe? Hence the sideways pic, also not my greatest, I'll get a better one, I'm not sure what they was seeing/talking about, RWB

All they said was check mark above the 5, I'm not sure which one either but I'm thinking obverse, sorry, I mean it seems like a wild goose hunt :)

Thanks

A clash would be raised.  The marks in the right field are incuse, indicating the they're scratches.    You can try to attribute it at the following site

http://maibockaddict.com/capped-bust-half-dollars.shtml