• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wooden Nickels does your town?

10 posts in this topic

It's very cool that you started this thread. I just purchased one from the next county over from us. It's kinda like my hometown but not really. I do all my business in this town and work there. I'm there everyday almost. And I didn't own any wooden nickels so I decided to purchase that one. I don't have it in hand yet but here are some pictures of it. Found it on EbayPolish_20210704_133011071.thumb.jpg.c412aa8d378bda66c19d92020013e2cb.jpgPolish_20210704_133044095.thumb.jpg.1e7b981275d6ceddb4bbe2d65fda23da.jpg

Edited by Hoghead515

17 minutes ago, J P Mashoke said:

Sandwich Mini Golf is not to far away. I may have to check it out.

Never been there. The pics are from the same wooden nickel, one side South Haven, MI the other Sandwich Mini Golf in Cape Cod, MA. I think. It could be a "mule", if there is such a thing with wooden nickels, but I haven't dug into it yet. 

41 minutes ago, Fenntucky Mike said:

Never been there. The pics are from the same wooden nickel, one side South Haven, MI the other Sandwich Mini Golf in Cape Cod, MA. I think. It could be a "mule", if there is such a thing with wooden nickels, but I haven't dug into it yet. 

Nice eye. My grandson (little guy) asked what a mule was and informed me that I just thought everything was about coins and a mule was a donkey!😂

My home town was so small and so poor that when someone tried to make wooden nickels, all they could make were wooden cents -- which the populace promptly burned to keep warm during very long, very cold winters. It was so cold that Frostbite Falls, MN was considered a thermal spring spa.