• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this 2X2 worthy or should I send it in for grading? Maple leaf on the reverse of a 2020 LSC!
1 1

28 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, James Zyskowski said:

Please tell me that’s a 2019 cent. If ;)so can you imagine what a great addition to the Pride of Two Nations set

8D2AF125-52F2-4C6C-BE3C-79532CCA0277.jpeg

Sorry James, I just dropped it in the mail. It's headed to NGC for slabbing. Can't wait to get it back!  If I recall correctly I believe it was a 2020.  BUT.... It could very well be a transitional error in hindsight!:bigsmile:

18 minutes ago, Greenstang said:

"Should I send it in for grading"

No. That is a soft Maple Leaf.

It is only the Hard Maple Leaf that has any value.

DANG!!!! Being a former Arborist, I should have caught that!!!! I didn't notice the placement and spacing of the Stomata on the surface of the leaf under extreme magnification.  It also does appear that the Veins are of a bilaterally opposing nature in relation to the Midrib even though it has suffered some PLPD (Post Leaf Placement Damage).   But, I think I can make this guaranteed assumption: I may be holding the very first ever coin of its kind!  Is it ok to call this a "First Discovery"LOL?  I mean pretty much a MS leaf, stuck to a coin.... how many collectors can say they have found one of these in their lifetime? Too neat.  Thanks to all for your replies, jokes and comments.  I really enjoy and appreciate it! This help make my day.(thumbsu(thumbsu

Edited by GBrad

3 hours ago, GBrad said:

Ok.... I just couldn't resist this one.  I have opened a bazillion coin rolls, both bank wrapped and homemade, and have seen some of the weirdest, nastiest and gunked-up stuff stuck on some coins that made me immediately run to my bathroom to take a shower!  This has to be the weirdest, but coolest, thing I have ever come across in a coin roll. Just thought I'd share it with the forum.  I can't believe how intact this tiny leaf is and further wonder how it even got there.  Pretty cool I thought.  

Image 7-2-21 at 12.16 AM.jpg

Rolling cents outdoors. Better than right next to a litter box, I guess.

How It Really Happened...

"Honey, did you see the coin I left on the dresser?

Yeah, it's on the kitchen counter --

Oh, my God!  What did you do to it?  You destroyed all the evidence!

Evidence of what? The coins were all dirty.  I tried to rinse the gunk off them with water but it didn't work.  So I used a tablespoon of AJAX concentrated laundry liquid detergent in a small pot filled with water on the stove.  When the water started to boil, I turned the water off and let them sit. Then I rinsed them off.

Why?

What do you mean why?Look at the label.  It says #GET THE YUCK OUT!  And it did. Look for yourself.  They're drying out on a napkin.  I blotted each one with a tissue.  They're all shiny and brand-new! Not a mark on any of them!

Remember that sea cruise I promised you?

Uh-huh.

Well, you can forget it.  That ship just went down the drain.

But the coins are shiny; they're all brand-new now! What did I do wrong?  Why are you so upset?  

[Can't believe this happened!  I go to work a millionaire and return home to find out I'm a pauper, like that Qwintis Arrears character. (Expletive deleted)!

What am I gonna tell the guys on the Forum now?]

(shrug):makepoint:xD:slapfight::roflmao:

2 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

How It Really Happened...

I'm very disappointed.  I was hoping you were going to tell me it happened at the Mint......:baiting:

Edited by GBrad

4 hours ago, J P Mashoke said:

What about the 3 on it don't forget that, you do see the 3 don't you

I see about 100+ different 3's on this one.  9_9

11 minutes ago, GBrad said:

I'm very disappointed.  I was hoping you were going to tell me it happened at the Mint......:baiting:

I know you were but I simply cannot envision a scenario inside a secure government building which would allow a leaf to blow through an unscreened window onto a press hammering away at Mach One speed without outside assistance.  The coin has been submitted; the damage is done. A Del Monte sticker on a twenty-dollar bill, however unlikely, was adjudged possible. But a leaf 🍃🙄 I would expect to be pulverized beyond recognition under tons of pressure. There are still a great many knowledgeable members who haven't weighed in yet. (The only one salivating and champing at the bit is the keeper of artifacts found in parking lots.)  

30 minutes ago, Quintus Arrius said:

I know you were but I simply cannot envision a scenario inside a secure government building which would allow a leaf to blow through an unscreened window onto a press hammering away at Mach One speed without outside assistance.  The coin has been submitted; the damage is done. A Del Monte sticker on a twenty-dollar bill, however unlikely, was adjudged possible. But a leaf 🍃🙄 I would expect to be pulverized beyond recognition under tons of pressure. There are still a great many knowledgeable members who haven't weighed in yet. (The only one salivating and champing at the bit is the keeper of artifacts found in parking lots.)  

This reply is under review by "my" staff and associates :ph34r:

On 7/2/2021 at 3:32 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

Hard to be-leaf they would grade it with a leaf on it. Hope they leaf it alone 

😆

4 minutes ago, Hoghead515 said:

I wood too. 

I'm loving the play on words here.  With this much action going on, I figured QA wood chime in, branch out, go out on a limb, and leaf a comment that would require me to pull out my Merriam Webster and my sandwich in my shirt pocket (thanks Ronnie for that one brother!!!)..........xD

12 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

Last time I commented on a beautiful set, I got slapped. 

:slapfight: Couldn't resist..... Happy 4th VKurt! :) 

35 minutes ago, Hoghead515 said:

That's a beautiful set. I ended up getting it also a little over a year ago. I bought them already graded cause I really loved it when I saw it. I got a case for them and bought an empty government package just for the C.O.A. and put it in the set with them. Some people will probably call me crazy but I really love it and wanted to go through the trouble of making it special in its own case. The C.O.A. fit perfectly in the top part of the case.  It's one of the 2 slab leather cases. Polish_20210704_152500321.thumb.jpg.67f4196caeb63898cccee636195912a1.jpg

I put the stamp with it and called it good. Your “set” is very lovely I said it. After my transportation thread fiasco  and well I really am trying to not offend but dang it the small town innocence kinda shows:roflmao: