• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2008-D Alaska Quarter "Extra Claw"
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Also wondering if these are varieties. Thought this one was a good find. Any help would be appreciated thanks. 

20210627_133404.jpg

20210627_133519.jpg

20210627_133641.jpg

1 hour ago, Greenstang said:

Looks like a small die chip.

Thanks greenstang,  yeah I know there die chips making it look like another claw. I'm reading up on this and some people are calling it a error and some are saying it's a variety. I'm confused hm

Regardless of what you call it they are extremely common. I put a few aside early on and threw them back in circulation after seeing just how many there are. It’s neat to look at but not rare or special by any means. About the only thing worth noting on any of the state quarters is the Wisconsin “extra leaf” varieties (low & high). Nothing else is really worth the time looking unless you just do it for fun, which a lot of us do. But don’t expect much if any premium. 

I say this not to be a person_too_unaware_of_social_graces, but more that I know YouTube has hyped the “valuable and rare state quarter errors” and it is just BS. A lot of them are die chips, mechanical doubling, etc just hyped.