• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking to have coin I found identified

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I recently found this coin at my grandfathers in some of his things. I was wondering the significance or history behind the coin, I am happy to research it myself if somebody could identify it for me, I’ve googled it and there are various coins it could be but I don’t feel like I am making any headway with it. It doesn’t matter if it is fake or not, it’s special to me. Just looking for information on what it is or what it is a copy of. It’s surprisingly light for its size. Any information would  be appreciated. 

Thank you,

Trevor

D49E3C18-3FE7-4C6D-9184-B65C82B8C420.jpeg

It appears to be a Spanish 8 escudos. I have a suspicion this is a replica, but not my area of expertise. Do you have a digital scale by chance? Can you weigh it to two decimal places in grams? Also a measurement of the diameter in CM would be helpful. 

Looks fake. But since that doesn't matter to you, that's fine--that saves you the hassle and cost of having it inauthenticated.

Since it is obviously not gold, there is zero point in exploring that possibility. It's a souvenir coin of minimal to zero value. It could easily show up in a junk token tray for 50 cents.