• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

11 posts in this topic

Hello ladies and gentlemen, I’m knew to this extraordinary “little treasure hunting”. Anyhow, I’m collecting coins two years now and it came to my hands a Morgan 1883 O dollar and  your opinion about it would make me more than happy! Thank you for your time and have a wonderful day.

325A6ACE-EFA0-43DC-81D8-B6D519A8FDAC.jpeg

A5DD7D00-66E2-49B6-9A59-778CFB930682.jpeg

The coin is a little banged up from scraping against other dollars. It might grade Unc-62 or so. No really worth enough to have it independently graded. What's the story behind the coin?

Edited by RWB

1 hour ago, Alex in PA. said:

Well, it's an 1883 'Morgan' Dollar and in nice shape.  Of all the Coin Forums how did you happen to choose this one?

I had an advertisement email from NGC and by opening it I found the forum. I was born here, although I grow up in Europe. First time I gave attention to coins was two years ago with a 1948 penny and I thought “that’s older than my parents ” ☺️
Anyhow, I get very excited that day and I start reading about coins and the history of them. I have so much more to learn, although I have no one to talk about my excitement each time I fill up my books with my new findings. 

56 minutes ago, RWB said:

The coin is a little banged up from scraping against other dollars. It might grade Unc-62 or so. No really worth enough to have it independently graded. What's the story behind the coin?

My excitement for coins is knew born. This one, is a gift from my husband. He saw my excitement and since then instead flowers or rings, he comes with coins. I thing he found this one on a paw shop in Oregon.    

55 minutes ago, Eleonora said:

My excitement for coins is knew born.

Hello Eleonora and WELCOME to the NGC forum.  Glad to have you and we all hope you learn a tremendous amount from the expert numismatics here on this site.  You have definitely come to the right place to expand your knowledge.  (thumbsu

58 minutes ago, Eleonora said:

He saw my excitement and since then instead flowers or rings, he comes with coins.

I love it!  Very good husband!:applause:

1 hour ago, Eleonora said:

My excitement for coins is knew born. This one, is a gift from my husband. He saw my excitement and since then instead flowers or rings, he comes with coins. I thing he found this one on a paw shop in Oregon.    

We have a fair number of pawn shops in Oregon, but I think the Northwest capital of them is Boise. You can hardly go five blocks through any business district without seeing a bunch of pawn and title loan places.