• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Error on a 2020 dime

10 posts in this topic

Hi I am new to collecting and came across this error on a 2020 dime. Was wondering what type of error this would be classified under and if I should get it graded. Thanks image.png.95dcfbdb4b239ea334feb43d4d6f7b7e.pngimage.png.6fe38fdd0212aba0f1c56d7351dbae89.pngimage.png.35daa854e9606a48099af214fa05fa07.pngimage.png.12fca0219f59b50b97e265319de5835c.png    

Agree, just a dryer coin. See these quite often where people think they are errors.

If you put that dime on top of a regular dime, you will notice that the diameter is slightly smaller which creates the larger rims.

Keep as a novelty coin. I 

I have heard that there is a method of making a ring by tapping the edges flat drill out center. Although a dime would be fairly small also read something about that being a jail house item edge flattening with a spoon as the hammer and your guess is good as mine as to how they drilled it 

I see guys making very attractive rings out of Swiss coins in particular. When they do it, the very early phases look a lot like this OP’s coin. 

Spooning Rings ,I remember some of the kids doing that with quarters almost no one ever finished them it took to long LoL