• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1907 st gaudens mini/ HIGH RELIEF

12 posts in this topic

I don’t think they will certify a novelty item like this. If it is solid 24kt gold then that has value obviously simply for the metal content, but I’m guessing it’s 24kt plated. If it’s a thin layer it won’t have any real value. Do you know more about this? Where did you get it? Does it have a COA and what does it say it is?

Edited by Woods020

As @Woods020 said, it's a novelty item.  The secondary market is limited to non-existent for things like this.  If you have info to show it's gold and not gold plated, you'll at least have bullion value.  Sorry for the bad news

Think about that ebay ad for a minute.  It they actually 1/2 grams of gold, and the current spot price that would be $30.35.  But they will sell them for $7.99 and even less in quantity.  Then you read the description info  Precious metal content per unit HGE (heavy gold electroplate - they are plated)

And then "1907 MINI ST GAUDENS GOLDTONE COIN" Not it isn't even plated it's just gold color.

Years ago there were companies that did make these novelty miniatures in 24 Kt gold and they sold them for about double spot price, which was $20 to $24 at that time.  These also exist in lower fineness content  of 9, 8, or even 6 KT as the price of gold rose.

2 hours ago, Just Bob said:

The OP's piece is not the same as the ones on Ebay being mentioned here.

Lots of differences.

I agree. The more I’ve looked I believe this is one of the ones with actual .6 grams of gold. Not the plated ones I shared from eBay. One of the ones conder mentioned. It may be worth $30 or so in gold.