• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAC submission#2 results/photos

13 posts in this topic

Looking Good Dollarfan, you got some real nice stuff there.. If you don't mind ? I got to ask How much does it cost on average to submit for a CAC grading and I have heard a Bean may increase the value as much as 15%  

Congrats on the beans. ^^

1 hour ago, J P Mashoke said:

Looking Good Dollarfan, you got some real nice stuff there.. If you don't mind ? I got to ask How much does it cost on average to submit for a CAC grading and I have heard a Bean may increase the value as much as 15%  

Submission costs vary with the tier and if you are a collector/submitter or dealer.   the first tier cost is $16 per coin (up to $10K value per coin) plus shipping and a handling fee.   If you are a dealer you pay the $16 on each coin pass or fail, authorized collectors only pay the $16 per coin fee for the coins that pass.

The value increase really depends on the coin, for some it well exceeds 15% for others it may be quite marginal.   For instance a green bean on an MS64 graded coin where the jump to MS65 is substantial may see a value increase of 30% or more, however on another coin where the price gap is much closer the value increase may be less than the cost to submit to CAC.   There are many variables to how much value the market will add, the one thing that is added but even harder to place a value on is liquidity.   CAC verified coins are almost always easier to sell than a non bean coin.

Edited by Coinbuf

1 hour ago, J P Mashoke said:

hello JP,  as @Coinbuf said if you are approved to submit  by CAC it is 16 bucks per coin that gets stickered.  but the real cost comes from registered shipping back and forth and some handling fees.  i havent been tracking it closely but i would say the "average" total cost to get a green bean for me is about 30 -35 dollars once it is said and done.  it would be cheaper if you sent a batch (i have been sending 19 per batch just due to being able to fit into an NGC box easy) that has a bunch of green beans.  so far i have three submissions graded.  8 out of 19 green, 8 out of 19 green, and the third one which i dont have yet 7 out of 19 green.  i am finding it is very hard to break 50 percent and some of the non-CAC coins seem amazing to me.  I like the CAC coins alot.  As far as value, im not exactly sure but i do know that (for example)  the 34S peace CAC would sell at full book price plus some easily based on other sales i have seen.  some of the other lower value coins might not sell for a huge premium but i would say the 35 cost per eliminates anyone from screaming the coin totally is a dog.  It has been exciting and fun to try to figure out exactly what traits they like in a coin.  But, i think i grade like mr magoo!:makepoint:

1 hour ago, Coinbuf said:

Congrats on the beans. ^^

Submission costs vary with the tier and if you are a collector/submitter or dealer.   the first tier cost is $16 per coin (up to $10K value per coin) plus shipping and a handling fee.   If you are a dealer you pay the $16 on each coin pass or fail, authorized collectors only pay the $16 per coin fee for the coins that pass.

The value increase really depends on the coin, for some it well exceeds 15% for others it may be quite marginal.   For instance a green bean on an MS64 graded coin where the jump to MS65 is substantial may see a value increase of 30% or more, however on another coin where the price gap is much closer the value increase may be less than the cost to submit to CAC.   There are many variables to how much value the market will add, the one thing that is added but even harder to place a value on is liquidity.   CAC verified coins are almost always easier to sell than a non bean coin.

1 hour ago, dollarfan said:

hello JP,  as @Coinbuf said if you are approved to submit  by CAC it is 16 bucks per coin that gets stickered.  but the real cost comes from registered shipping back and forth and some handling fees.  i havent been tracking it closely but i would say the "average" total cost to get a green bean for me is about 30 -35 dollars once it is said and done.  it would be cheaper if you sent a batch (i have been sending 19 per batch just due to being able to fit into an NGC box easy) that has a bunch of green beans.  so far i have three submissions graded.  8 out of 19 green, 8 out of 19 green, and the third one which i dont have yet 7 out of 19 green.  i am finding it is very hard to break 50 percent and some of the non-CAC coins seem amazing to me.  I like the CAC coins alot.  As far as value, im not exactly sure but i do know that (for example)  the 34S peace CAC would sell at full book price plus some easily based on other sales i have seen.  some of the other lower value coins might not sell for a huge premium but i would say the 35 cost per eliminates anyone from screaming the coin totally is a dog.  It has been exciting and fun to try to figure out exactly what traits they like in a coin.  But, i think i grade like mr magoo!:makepoint:

Thank you both for the information ,keeping the resale factor in mind a bean is a bonus. 

Wow Dollarfan you have some worthy Morgan's there and with a bean to boost. Very nice collection.