• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help please
1 1

8 posts in this topic

The Morgan has been whizzed or polished and therefore it would grade as damaged and its value is just the bullion value.   The Peace also looks like it may have been messed with but its more difficult to say from your photos.   If the surfaces of the Peace are ok then it grades mid AU.

Sorry about the bad pics, I just wanted a quick assessment. I thought the Morgan was really clean, but I didn’t think “polished.” Thank you. The Peace dollar looks unaltered, and I wanted to know if it was AU. Thank you very much for the information. 

1 hour ago, Scott_Perrodin said:

Sorry about the bad pics, I just wanted a quick assessment. I thought the Morgan was really clean, but I didn’t think “polished.” Thank you. The Peace dollar looks unaltered, and I wanted to know if it was AU. Thank you very much for the information. 

You might want to subject the fields of the Morgan to some strong magnification. Look for hundreds of little scratches, either in a rotary or lateral pattern. If so, you'll have evidence that it's been whizzed.

1 hour ago, JKK said:

You might want to subject the fields of the Morgan to some strong magnification. Look for hundreds of little scratches, either in a rotary or lateral pattern. If so, you'll have evidence that it's been whizzed.

Something like this scratchy look

S20210606_0001.jpg

Edited by J P Mashoke