• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 quarter errors

4 posts in this topic

I have a couple of 1965 quarters I think with some doubling and one has a marking across the whole quarter.  I have never had coins graded and I'm still having trouble figuring out the errors can anyone tell me if there is a error and the qouge in the coin is it from the mint or just the wear and tear on the quarter.

Thank you

20210606_012635~2.jpg

3 hours ago, Timteems said:

I have a couple of 1965 quarters I think with some doubling and one has a marking across the whole quarter.  I have never had coins graded and I'm still having trouble figuring out the errors can anyone tell me if there is a error and the qouge in the coin is it from the mint or just the wear and tear on the quarter.

Thank you

20210606_012635~2.jpg

It looks to be a heavily circulated coin, I see no doubling in the picture. Not sure what gouge you're talking about but I'm going to take a guess and say that it is damage as well. If you can, post pictures of the whole coin, front and back, so that people can see the entire coin. Keep on looking. (thumbsu

Welcome to the Forum

It is always best to show a complete photo of both sides of a coin when making a post.
I don’t see any Doubling on the photo supplied and usually gouges are just damage but without a picture it is hard to say for sure. Don’t forget that it is only an error if it happens during the actual striking of the coin. Anything that happens after that is considered PMD (Post Minting Damage)

Welcome Timteems .............There are a lot of coins that the raised lettering and the numbers get so worn down they get flattened out and make another edge so it looks like it is doubled but it is just worn out. But keep looking you never know what is out there.