• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1961 Franklin half Proof
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I have this proof like coin, but wondering if this is a DD. I'm trying to match it with the DD in the red book and on line but not sure. It kinda looks to be, but on the other hand it kinda don't. Any help would be appreciated thanks. 

20210601_175003.jpg

20210601_175215.jpg

20210601_175304.jpg

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I don't see anything that would qualify it as a DDO or DDR.

Thank you, didn't think it was but thought I would share incase someone sees something that I might have over looked. 

1 hour ago, Hinkle said:

Thank you, didn't think it was but thought I would share incase someone sees something that I might have over looked. 

Dangerous idea, IMO. We do have people here whose primary skill is seeing things that aren’t there. B|

12 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

Dangerous idea, IMO. We do have people here whose primary skill is seeing things that aren’t there. B|

I hear you there Vkurt, that's why I didn't use a scope. I'm understanding just close ups are the better way to go. I'm learning from you and the other guys in here ,if you can't see doubling by looking at it in hand, then through it back in circulation. As much as I pull the scope out to look for double is hard at times. As Much I think it's doubling it's not. So I just try to look for the simple stuff. But I really do want to find a true double die and share. But still waiting for that day to come. 

1 hour ago, Hinkle said:

I hear you there Vkurt, that's why I didn't use a scope. I'm understanding just close ups are the better way to go. I'm learning from you and the other guys in here ,if you can't see doubling by looking at it in hand, then through it back in circulation. As much as I pull the scope out to look for double is hard at times. As Much I think it's doubling it's not. So I just try to look for the simple stuff. But I really do want to find a true double die and share. But still waiting for that day to come. 

That 1961 proof Franklin does have quite a few actual varieties. I look them over too. But what gets me most are the cameos of that era. 

Edited by VKurtB