• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Purchase

8 posts in this topic

I am looking to buy silver bars - I'm thinking 10 oz. bars. ( I can purchase smaller or larger)  There many different bars out there at different prices. I plan to hold them long term

What is the best denomination for silver bars?

Which variety of bar is the best for the long term?

I like Silver Eagles they sell just like bars but they can also go up more in value just because they are artwork;) And of course there are your Morgan's and other wonderful silver coins.  LoL

2021 bright.jpg

Edited by J P Mashoke

I have found that 10 ounce bars are the best.  When you start getting into 20 ounce, kilos, 50 or 100 ounce bars, they can be a little harder to get rid of if you need to sell.  10 ounce bars opens up the market to a lot more people.  

As for what kind of bars, are you collecting or stacking?  Meaning is the collectability of a bar what is important to you, or are you strictly trying to amass weight?

15 hours ago, tomlindemann said:

I am looking to buy silver bars - I'm thinking 10 oz. bars. ( I can purchase smaller or larger)  There many different bars out there at different prices. I plan to hold them long term

What is the best denomination for silver bars?

Which variety of bar is the best for the long term?

Humm  is this just for investment purposes, or is it going to be part of a tangible asset portfolio? If it is the later the easier to move are silver eagles or maple leafs.  if you are looking to just stack because you think that silver prices will out return any other type of investment that you can or will make then go with the 10 oz-ers.  I for one have been looking at the trends on silver and gold for years..... yes they have gone up,but it is at almost the similar rate or comperable to all of my other investments.  Just lookig to see if  you are falling intot he hype of buy buy buy bujy gold and silver........ just my opinion future gains are not always indicitive of market value..........(disclaimer)