• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opening delivered submissions
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Not sure why we as customers are accepting this. I have submissions I have sent to the other "leading" TPGS on the same dates and already received grades at the same service level. Maybe NGC is in over thier heads and management needs to refocus effort's on current customer satisfaction. I'm new to collecting and feel frustrated, not a good combination. Coin collecting and preservation is extremely expensive. If TPGS keep making it more frustrating while raising your prices at the same time more people will quit collecting, or at least stop using TPGS, because it's just not enjoyable. 

• Administrator

Dear Rigs,

I'm sorry that you feel this way.  We are receiving over 800 packages a day for grading.  Most of our employees are working 6 days a week, up to 12 hours a day to try to get caught up.  We are currently offering a $2500 sign on bonus to bring in new employees to help with the demand.  It's possible that the other TPGS are not nearly as busy as we are right now. 

Thank you,

Lisa

On 5/28/2021 at 4:57 PM, boybacon said:

(and possibly getting longer), but costs are holding steady (for now).

They do seem to be getting longer but they are going to have to up costs at this rate if they're paying a ton of overtime and paying sign-on bonuses. They even included a hiring add with a coin submission I received recently. 

They're slammed. The price you pay for being good. 

They have my thanks for continuing to tolerate us and communicate with us as we constantly beat them over the head with the same questions while they come out with new tools to let us get more information faster. They really are doing what seems to be the best and everything they can - while providing a free public place to vent their spleen and disappointment at them.

Are you folks who keep defending false advertising and poor services compensated for your comments? That's the only logical answer. Advertising to prospective members is complete BS. You're submission is opened and handled by any warm breathing body that will take the job, and then stored until examination by an expert for a few seconds. Misidentification is acceptable while you're submission is in the received and stored stage? Crazy, insurance claim would be impossible in a loss situation. Makes one wonder what else goes on behind the curtain. Seems like y'all are in cahoots with the television dealers to me. You trolls support the effort by rushing in to defend poor services while NGC opens new programs and services while we wait and wait and wait, but TV dealers are cashing in and flooding markets with over priced NGC graded coins in the top grades I'm out. 

4 hours ago, Rigs said:

Are you folks who keep defending false advertising and poor services compensated for your comments? That's the only logical answer.

Oh, Man. I can honestly say NGC/PMG/Whatever 3 letters you want have never cut me a check. lol

4 hours ago, Rigs said:

You're submission is opened and handled by any warm breathing body that will take the job, and then stored until examination by an expert for a few seconds.

I don't know if you have been following the news, but finding a warm body willing to take a job for traditionally low wages for menial labor has been more challenging lately. lol And it doesn't matter how many warm bodies you have opening boxes if you don't have the bandwidth on the graders to deal with the volume and do the 2-3 checks and the QA/QC, and the graders need to have more vetting than checking for a pulse. I would hope you would demand this given that its their opinion that you're ultimately paying for. They're also working on physically expanding they're facilities, because, for security, you don't want your stuff leaving the building, and you need space for those warm bodies with a pulse to have IN THE BUILDING to open those boxes and then room in the vault / cage / whatever to store the coins. 

4 hours ago, Rigs said:

Makes one wonder what else goes on behind the curtain. Seems like y'all are in cahoots with the television dealers to me. You trolls support the effort by rushing in to defend poor services while NGC opens new programs and services while we wait and wait and wait, but TV dealers are cashing in and flooding markets with over priced NGC graded coins in the top grades 

Oh gosh. I wish I made that kind of money instead of designing fire and gas detection systems for a living. lol 

4 hours ago, Rigs said:

I'm out. 

(thumbsu:headbang: Rock on! Have a nice life, my friend. 

10 hours ago, Rigs said:

Are you folks who keep defending false advertising and poor services compensated for your comments? That's the only logical answer. Advertising to prospective members is complete BS. You're submission is opened and handled by any warm breathing body that will take the job, and then stored until examination by an expert for a few seconds. Misidentification is acceptable while you're submission is in the received and stored stage? Crazy, insurance claim would be impossible in a loss situation. Makes one wonder what else goes on behind the curtain. Seems like y'all are in cahoots with the television dealers to me. You trolls support the effort by rushing in to defend poor services while NGC opens new programs and services while we wait and wait and wait, but TV dealers are cashing in and flooding markets with over priced NGC graded coins in the top grades I'm out. 

No, I am not compensated.  That is also not the only logical answer (in the study of Logic, as a subject, that would be called a "False Binary Choice").  What I said is true.  Misidentifcation?  Hasn't happened to me, nor anyone else I've heard of.  Insurance claim?  From a secured facility?  Sir, you need to adjust your tin-foil hat (I'm saying that in jest, just to be clear).  Trolls?  Nope, I joined NGC a few months ago to get back into the coin collecting hobby.  TV Coin dealers?  I literally have no idea what you are talking about.  I'm sorry that you are frustrated, but please, don't take it out on me.  I'm a small-time collector and happy with the service I am receiving.  Rather than make false public allegations, I would encourage you to read up on coin collecting, the job market as it stands today, and the history of NGC.  There was actually a time (more than a few years back, from what I have read), where NGC lead times were at 10 months (roughly 300 days!).  I appreciate the fact that my coins are handled professionally and in a timely manner, in accordance with the lead times given.  I've got my second submission at NGC right now, and they were spot on with the lead times as posted on the site.  I'm preparing my third submission now.  Then I need to take a breather, because I will need to sell a few of those coins to pay for my next grading submission :-)

Edited by boybacon

3 hours ago, Rigs said:

I'm sure you are trying as hard as you can. I'm sorry NGC pays so low, not our problem as customers

i thought u were leaving?...