• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Congratulations We BROKE the mint!
2 2

74 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Coinbuf said:

Just another opening day for a hot mint release.

Yes, I gambled and lost.  Had 2 CC Privy coins in the bag and then...................Poof!  Crash and Burn!

What a pathetic website and the folks running it ought to be canned.

3 minutes ago, James Zyskowski said:

one thing but lets wait a minute for some sold prices

You must certainly did.  We are just reveling in the madness that goes on with these highly hyped Mint sales.  For all anyone knows these may turn out like the Old San Francisco Mint Morgan.  Mint price was $39.00 and EBay today is $38.00.

Welcome to Sleepy Hollw - hope your experience here is a good one.

The thing is, everyone saw that 175,000 and assumed that is the mintage total, and it's not.  That's just the number for the individual coins.  Guarantee they come out with a 5 coin set, minted to demand.  

Well EdG_Ohio you didn't miss much.  This was probably the worst US Mint sale on record.  In 3 to 5 minutes the site was crashing and at the 25 minute window 'This Item Is Unavailable" appeared on the Privy coins.

I don’t even mess with it anymore after trying for the V75 Eagle last year. If I can’t get it through enrollment, I don’t even try. Funny how nobody can get through on the website yet they all sell out in minutes. 

Not only am I totally PO’d about this latest UsMint scandal, but the greed I am seeing from “Dealers” selling confirmed pre-order purchases on FeeBay for what looks like $249, according to items sold today! There are hundreds and hundreds of these already listed on FeeBay. The picture are ones sold today already. The greed is like hoarding toilet paper and then selling it to the highest bidder. I am so irritated and discouraged, it want me to dislike numismatics! I won’t buy anything from the USMint again. I can get ripped off at a lesser level almost anywhere.

truly disappointed, but I did expect the explosive nature of this stupid release and the artificial shortage that the mint created for their own greed. If they could make millions of these, why don’t they. Obviously they could sell them.

BB7FC760-B7AE-4178-913F-CF5725E51BC2.jpeg

It is a bit off the wall. I would think the US mint would want a Morgan in every home and a Peace Dollar in the garage. But it looks like there is something more at play here. Like a comeback from the US Mint .

News flash due to popular demand we will be making more coins but at a little higher price than before :devil:

5 hours ago, Alex in PA. said:

Well EdG_Ohio you didn't miss much.  This was probably the worst US Mint sale on record.  In 3 to 5 minutes the site was crashing and at the 25 minute window 'This Item Is Unavailable" appeared on the Privy coins.

Worse than the Truman Coin and Chronicles Set? Wow. 

As a taxpayer, I'm a bit annoyed at the incompetence displayed by the US Mint with this sale.

They either should have sold a lot more, or charged a lot more.  Instead, they let the volume dealers charge a huge markup.

It makes no sense to me that they would leave so much money on the table.

1 hour ago, RWB said:

I have confirmation for 1. That's all I want.

Yea. Congratulations on that RWB! I thought I had one too, but their web site crashed.

1 minute ago, 124Spider said:

As a taxpayer, I'm a bit annoyed at the incompetence displayed by the US Mint with this sale.

They either should have sold a lot more, or charged a lot more.  Instead, they let the volume dealers charge a huge markup.

It makes no sense to me that they would leave so much money on the table.

I am quite sure they knew what they were doing, the big dealers will profit greatly, and I am sure those in the hierarchy of the mint will profit as well.

something stinks around here!

I don’t understand why they don’t do enrollment on these. Seems like they keep the high demand coins out of the enrollment option for whatever reason. The mint would still sell their coins without having these crash and burn sales days. Just doesn’t make sense to me, but what do I know. 

9 hours ago, VKurtB said:

Worse than the Truman Coin and Chronicles Set? Wow. 

And possibly worse than the San Francisco earthquake of 1906!  :preach:

Edited by Alex in PA.

7 hours ago, bsshog40 said:

This is nothing new with the mint! I gave up on them a while back.

You and many other collectors who have suffered the continuing disappointments over the decades of the US Mint's inefficiency.  Our Government never gets better it only gets...............

ANd geesh i thought that i was the only one left holding the "bag"  had 3 of each and poof nada nut'n just a white screen and the curser circling :(  oh well i guess i will not be getting any of these because i am not going to pay what these people are wanting for an o z of silver

18 minutes ago, JT2 said:

i am not going to pay what these people are wanting for an o z of silver

EBay has become totally insane with these 'Privy' coins.  $175.00 is the lowest BIN price I could find.  Then it starts at $225.00 and climbs there after.  For a coin that sold for $85.00.  And what happens if the US Mint fails to deliver?  By October can you still file a claim with EBay?