• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sent my coins to NGC a little over a week ago but still haven't got confirmation they recieved it. Unfortunately I lost my USPS tracking number. What should I do?
1 1

19 posts in this topic

I sent coins to NGC on the 11th using USPS but unfortunately I lost the reciept with the tracking... Last time I sent coins it was only a few days before I got a confirmation email that they have my coin. Now it's been 8 days since I sent this package and still no word. I've been pretty worried and checking my email frequently hoping for NGC to pop up. If it helps, I did buy insurance on the coins but I really would hate to lose them.

• Administrator

Hello Zorex,

Thank you.  We are currently opening the mail that was delivered to us on April 26th.

Thank you,

Lisa

On 5/21/2021 at 10:49 AM, Zorex said:

I sent coins to NGC on the 11th using USPS but unfortunately I lost the reciept with the tracking... Last time I sent coins it was only a few days before I got a confirmation email that they have my coin. Now it's been 8 days since I sent this package and still no word. I've been pretty worried and checking my email frequently hoping for NGC to pop up. If it helps, I did buy insurance on the coins but I really would hate to lose them.

If you use the USPS app and have a account made with them it will store the info you want. It automatically recognizes your shipping address and places shipping To's and From's there. (assuming you use same addy when signing up and ship from for pkgs.)
It's a great resource.
I should state...Most of the Time it does.;)

Edited by EdG_Ohio

17 hours ago, EdG_Ohio said:

If you use the USPS app and have a account made with them it will store the info you want. It automatically recognizes your shipping address and places shipping To's and From's there. (assuming you use same addy when signing up and ship from for pkgs.)
It's a great resource.
I should state...Most of the Time it does.;)

I have never once been asked to provide a "shipping from" address when shipping a package.  Informed Delivery is a great resource, but for incoming packages only.  For outgoing, you still need to manually enter the tracking number.

To the OP, hopefully your package arrives safely.  The insurance you purchased is now moot, since you need your receipt to prove the amount.  

7 minutes ago, Morpheus1967 said:

I have never once been asked to provide a "shipping from" address when shipping a package.  Informed Delivery is a great resource, but for incoming packages only.  For outgoing, you still need to manually enter the tracking number.

To the OP, hopefully your package arrives safely.  The insurance you purchased is now moot, since you need your receipt to prove the amount.  

I have a account with USPS and do my shipping labels online when possible, sometimes it saves me a few cents/dollars, hence the reason for them having my address.

3 hours ago, EdG_Ohio said:

I have a account with USPS and do my shipping labels online when possible, sometimes it saves me a few cents/dollars, hence the reason for them having my address.

Gotcha.  So what part of Ohio?  I'm Northeast Ohio.  

On 5/21/2021 at 9:49 AM, Zorex said:

Without the tracking number you can't use NGC's tool to confirm delivery, so you're likely to be stuck for the next 3-4 weeks just waiting to see if they show up in the system .Sorry. (shrug)

Next time don't lose that tracking number!

On 5/25/2021 at 3:46 PM, Morpheus1967 said:

Gotcha.  So what part of Ohio?  I'm Northeast Ohio.  

southwest-ish. 40 miles N.E. of Cincy

On 5/25/2021 at 9:38 PM, Revenant said:

Without the tracking number you can't use NGC's tool to confirm delivery, so you're likely to be stuck for the next 3-4 weeks just waiting to see if they show up in the system .Sorry. (shrug)

Next time don't lose that tracking number!

Lesson learned. I really hope the package arrived because there’s a few thousand dollars of goodies in there 😭. I did buy extra insurance though.

On 5/21/2021 at 10:49 AM, Zorex said:

using USPS but unfortunately I lost the reciept with the tracking..

hahahhahahaah this is so funny............I used tracking and priority shipping for my IRS check.........the post office still shows it hasnt been delevered after three weeks.  However the check was cashed more than two weeks ago..........   i wonder if they will refund me the prioroty shipping rate?

On 5/25/2021 at 11:55 AM, Morpheus1967 said:

Informed Delivery is a great resource,

Yep, think it's great and I use  www.usps.com for tracking.  

1 hour ago, JT2 said:

hahahhahahaah this is so funny............I used tracking and priority shipping for my IRS check.........the post office still shows it hasnt been delevered after three weeks.  However the check was cashed more than two weeks ago..........   i wonder if they will refund me the prioroty shipping rate?

I had a PMG submission recently that USPS was still saying was at the PO waiting to be picked up and PMG has it marked a received and in the system.

• Administrator

Hello,

Just to let you know, we have our own Post Office on site with postal workers.  All mail is delivered to us directly, we do not pick up the mail.  We have a big back log of mail.  We are behind scanning orders as delivered.  If you package shows "Delivered" I'm sure it is here in the building waiting to be opened.

On 6/1/2021 at 8:18 AM, LISA B said:

Hello,

Just to let you know, we have our own Post Office on site with postal workers.  All mail is delivered to us directly, we do not pick up the mail.  We have a big back log of mail.  We are behind scanning orders as delivered.  If you package shows "Delivered" I'm sure it is here in the building waiting to be opened.

Wow. I had no clue. I'm not surprised you have a special set-up with them - maybe even special deliveries - but I wouldn't have expected that.