• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else pumped for the 2021 Peace Dollar?
1 1

95 posts in this topic

Yea! i AM. I have a 1921 Morgan and a 1922 Peace Dollar so I have to jump on it. Again, smart move by the US MINT in creating demand by limiting quantities. I'm betting it doesn't make it past 5 minutes! I gonna give it a try though. Folks are pre-selling them (Big Dealers) for $125. so I'll be in that Line. One thing that really annoys me is that they don't limit purchase quantity, just total quantity limit. That lets the big money big dealers grab em all up at once. When I see people like the HSN coin guy buying skids of silver coins, it really bugs me and makes me NOT want to participate in that. Good luck to you!'

Sure, I'm most interested to see how quickly it sells out. How long did it take to sell 75k V75 ASEs with a limit of 1 per, a couple hours? So it'll probably be about the same, 2 hours, to sell 200k with a limit of 10? Hey, I'm excited as well and will be trying to pick up two if I can get through. Probably my favorite American coin and I'd be plenty happy if I can get one.

This is a link to the best short YouTube video on Peace Dollars.  https://youtu.be/2ArV7GA48aw   Listen carefully about what he says about the depth of relief for the 1921, 22 and 23 coins and I'm not talking about the error high relief  1922 coin.  Are the 2021 coins high relief ? The only problem is the $85 price tag.  No disrespect but I will stick with the $80 1921 coin I managed to find. 

Nope.  I might have been until the Mint decided to turn it into another States Quarters deal.

I'm also a collector and not a 'Dealer' so that automatically puts them out of my reach.

Edited by Alex in PA.
Add information

43 minutes ago, RWB said:

I will buy one for research use, then add the material to the next edition of A Guide Book to Peace Dollars. I'm not encouraged by the published illustrations.

Are they making them to the exact specifications as the original ones. 

12 hours ago, Hoghead515 said:

Are they making them to the exact specifications as the original ones. 

They used the original obverse cast and a hybrid reverse to match Morgan's removal of the sword. But, it is the die cutting that bothers me - camber is not acute enough.

Coin World

2021 Morgan and 2021 Peace silver dollars may become annual series

• By Paul Gilkes , Coin World
  • Published: May 7, 2021, 7 AM
Edited by Alex in PA.

20 hours ago, Frank Judge said:

This is a link to the best short YouTube video on Peace Dollars.  https://youtu.be/2ArV7GA48aw   Listen carefully about what he says about the depth of relief for the 1921, 22 and 23 coins and I'm not talking about the error high relief  1922 coin.  Are the 2021 coins high relief ? The only problem is the $85 price tag.  No disrespect but I will stick with the $80 1921 coin I managed to find. 

No, the 2021 coins are not high relief.  

And no, I won't be purchasing.  And I suggest that anyone purchasing them to flip them to do so quickly.  Remember, the original 175,000 are not mintage limits.  They are product limits.  Meaning these could be released later as a full set, and who knows how many more that will add to the mintage.  

image.png.471bb1fda01d359bb0247d60f45e1acb.png

Edited by Morpheus1967

I’ve gotta say that I’m excited about these two new coins coming out.  It’ll also be another brawl trying to purchase it from the mint.

33 minutes ago, Buffalo Head said:

I’ve gotta say that I’m excited about these two new coins coming out.

Hope you get what you want and you're welcome to my share.  I bought in to that Old San Francisco Mint Morgan Dollar look alike thinking to flip them real easy.  Sale price = $39.00  EBay today = $32.00

Be careful what you wish for.

22 hours ago, physics-fan3.14 said:

Nope, I think the program is dumb. 

If you want a Morgan or Peace, why not just buy a real one? 

Would be a whole lot cheaper from what I understand.

4 hours ago, Alex in PA. said:

Coin World

2021 Morgan and 2021 Peace silver dollars may become annual series

• By Paul Gilkes , Coin World
  • Published: May 7, 2021, 7 AM

Because that's what the world and the US needs... another annual NCLT issue. lol

Edited by Revenant

the coins will be the same diameter and weight but will be 99.9% silver instead of 90%

apparently, they are trying to give the peace as much relief as they can but due to the decreased thickness, it is said they can't duplicate the relief.

it was pointed out elsewhere that the 21 reverse on the peace has 4 rays under the word "ONE" but the renditions only show 3.

making them in future years is still up in the air.

3 hours ago, RWB said:

This is a link to the best short YouTube video on Peace Dollars.  https://youtu.be/2ArV7GA48aw   Listen carefully about what he says about the depth of relief for the 1921, 22 and 23 coins and I'm not talking about the error high relief  1922 coin.  Are the 2021 coins high relief ?

There are no "error high relief 1922 coins."

Also RE: "YouTube video on Peace Dollars.  https://youtu.be/2ArV7GA48aw..."

I watched the entire 13 minutes of confused, false and simply ignorant garbage spewed forth by the speaker. The speaker is ignorant of even the most basic facts and clearly has not read anything on the subject written in the last 20 years! No wonder new collectors are confused and some leave the hobby. If this is "the best...YouTube video on Peace Dollars" it's time to give up.

]There is a directness to your speech that commands investigation and most knowledgeable members find refreshing.]

2 hours ago, MsMorrisine said:

the coins will be the same diameter and weight but will be 99.9% silver instead of 90%

apparently, they are trying to give the peace as much relief as they can but due to the decreased thickness, it is said they can't duplicate the relief.

it was pointed out elsewhere that the 21 reverse on the peace has 4 rays under the word "ONE" but the renditions only show 3.

making them in future years is still up in the air.

Looks like you have been a member here for quite a while. I believe I recognize the name from ATS. Welcome to the forum. :)

58 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

If it's on YouTube, it's likely junk,

Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.  @RWB was a bit more explicit in his utter rejection of the presentation, but it seems to me one more learned in such matters, has an obligation to offer a more meaningful point-counterpoint video to the collector community beyond rebukes, epithets and denouncements.

I viewed the video because one member recommended it here.  In my rank amateurish eyes, it seemed informative. I don't collect either anymore but I would still be interested to be apprised of the facts concerning each.  I understand there is time and money involved but telling anyone not to bother with it does not promote understanding of a product in any meaningful way.

For those seeking diversion, may I suggest "It wasn't me!" by Shaggy official version) on oldie-but-goodie video currently the Rooster 🐓 meister's favorite -- sure to leave some members scratching their heads. :screwy:

10 minutes ago, Quintus Arrius said:

Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.  @RWB was a bit more explicit in his utter rejection of the presentation, but it seems to me one more learned in such matters, has an obligation to offer a more meaningful point-counterpoint video to the collector community beyond rebukes, epithets and denouncements.

Mr. Burdette wrote The Definitive book on Peace dollars. I fail to see how he is under any "obligation" to post a video on the subject, especially on a website that is known for misleading and sensationalist videos.