• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAC Bonus Updated

15 posts in this topic

NGC just did an update and CAC points are now included in the registry. My coins didn’t get the CAC points yet but that may take more time. We will see. 

Edited by Woods020

1 hour ago, Woods020 said:

NGC just did an update and CAC points are now included in the registry. My coins didn’t get the CAC points yet but that may take more time. We will see. 

How can you tell?

It just added the CAC points now. It shows an icon next to my CAC coins. If you go into eligible coins it now lists 3 point values for each coin. 

1. no cac
2. CAC green
3. CAC gold 

Edited by Woods020

It seems like they are going in a certain order. A few of mine show CAC now, and several that should don’t. I’m assuming it’s an ongoing process. 

46A1C880-B8C0-4F4A-80F1-0603EFC20110.png

Edited by Woods020

Hmmm I can see the icon next to some coins if I look under the set history with some score changes, but when looking at my inventory there is no change to the layout or any CAC icons there.  As you said it must be something that the IT guys are currently in process updating.   One thing that is new that I'm not a big fan of is that if you use the old collector society site it now redirects you to the new registry as opposed to showing the old system when you click a category.

It looks super-cool with those CAC icons!! 

I only have SIXTEEN CAC coins, in my whole Walker set, and my score went up just about 3000-3500 points (not EXACTLY sure what it was before).  

It looks like it didn't affect anyone's rank in the top 10, either, and I am still #9 in the FULL set category.  

I could substitute some of my NGC coins with PCGS coins that HAVE stickers, of the same grade, from ATS, but I am NOT going to do that, out of respect for NGC.  

HAPPY Registry guy here!!  :bump:

Well done NGC!!!  ^^

The NGC Registry is, by far, the best with respect to their presentation.....I love the looks of their format and I love the way that I can display ALL of my coins.  

Edited by Walkerfan

1 hour ago, Coinbuf said:

One thing that is new that I'm not a big fan of is that if you use the old collector society site it now redirects you to the new registry as opposed to showing the old system when you click a category.

Oh that stinks! That's where I lived, I loved the old collector societies basic structure. Oh well, I'll adapt. 

10 minutes ago, Fenntucky Mike said:

Oh that stinks! That's where I lived, I loved the old collector societies basic structure. Oh well, I'll adapt. 

I didn't notice that.  I like the new site better, anyway.  The one thing that they could do, to improve it, is make it one page (like the old site), instead of broken up into two pages.  I like to be able to scroll down and see my ENTIRE set on the same page.   

Edited by Walkerfan

1 minute ago, Walkerfan said:

The one thing that they could do, to improve it, is make it one page (like the old site), instead of broken up into two pages.  I like to be able to scroll down and see my ENTIRE set on the same page.

Agreed, 

The new site is very nice and I like most aspects of it, I just preferred the compactness and no frills of the old site. It'll be an easy transition. 

I’m still waiting on most of mine to update. I’ve actually only got two I think showing CAC so far. I’m sure it will come soon enough 

22 minutes ago, Fenntucky Mike said:

Agreed, 

The new site is very nice and I like most aspects of it, I just preferred the compactness and no frills of the old site. It'll be an easy transition. 

The old site is still there for some things, for instance when logged in I can still use the control panel (very important to me) and the collection manager (also very important to me).  Its much easier for me to see the overall points change for the CAC bonus from the control panel in the old system than in the new system.   I love the way the new system looks I just wish it would incorporate some of these features of the old system.

As I expected (at least for me) the CAC bonus points were not that significant, a total of just over 4500 points for my Lincoln sets, far less for most of the others.  I cannot tell for sure but I do not think that this resulted in any position changes for me at this point.  Its interesting how the points are given, for some green beans I received less than ten points, other coins getting several hundred for a green bean.   I am still unable to find the points that are given for each bean vs no bean that @Woods020 noted above. (shrug)

46 minutes ago, Coinbuf said:

The old site is still there for some things, for instance when logged in I can still use the control panel (very important to me) and the collection manager (also very important to me).  Its much easier for me to see the overall points change for the CAC bonus from the control panel in the old system than in the new system.   I love the way the new system looks I just wish it would incorporate some of these features of the old system.

As I expected (at least for me) the CAC bonus points were not that significant, a total of just over 4500 points for my Lincoln sets, far less for most of the others.  I cannot tell for sure but I do not think that this resulted in any position changes for me at this point.  Its interesting how the points are given, for some green beans I received less than ten points, other coins getting several hundred for a green bean.   I am still unable to find the points that are given for each bean vs no bean that @Woods020 noted above. (shrug)

Go to NGC Registry, find your set and then click on points for whatever coin you'd like, on the far right side....It will give you the scoring breakdown.  

Edited by Walkerfan

16 hours ago, Fenntucky Mike said:

Yeah... Well, for us Split Householders that walk on both sides of the NGC/PMG line there's not many good alternatives. For anyone that wants to do anything with signature sets there's not a lot of good alternatives to using the old site.

The three things that probably keep me from having any meaningful use of the new site is:

- There is absolutely no PMG aspect to the registry in the new system.

- There is no signature / custom function in the new system.

- Even if / when PMG and sig sets join the new system, if these boards are any indication, it will be much less convenient / easy to switch between the NGC and PMG sections than with the old system, which made it very easy.

But... the old site is slipping away step-by-step.