• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need help with this coin...
1 1

8 posts in this topic

I found this 1938 Wheat Penny in my change jar but there's something weird about it... It's severely underweight, extraordinarily thin, but still has all of it's details... Is this an example of a thin planchet? And if so, what's it worth? If not, was this dipped in acid and still somehow retained all of its details?

P1050029.thumb.JPG.49887440dd2426e118b1376c4c5b618a.JPG

41 minutes ago, Coinbuf said:

What is the thickness?

I can't really tell since I can't measure it but compared to the other penny (as shown in the 2nd picture) it's considerably thinner than a regular penny

On 5/17/2021 at 11:20 AM, UrbanDecay4 said:

... It's severely underweight, extraordinarily thin, but still has all of it's details... 

P1050029.thumb.JPG.49887440dd2426e118b1376c4c5b618a.JPG

Pardon the street lingo, but I ain't having it. I don't buy that alibi.  The OP had clearly stated his coin was suffering from life-long anorexia nervosa but managed to retain "all of its details." 

I have heard Dr. Phil and Oprah acknowledge some women were severely undernourished -- and I have never heard anyone suggest Whitney Houston suffered from severe environmental damage before her demise.    🤔

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Misspelling