• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I bought my first coin microscope/camera!
2 2

6 posts in this topic

I've never had a coin microscope so I bought one... well, it's actually an endoscope... It was the highest rated-less-than-$30 endoscope on Amazon... I think I did pretty good... what do you guys think? Here's the link if you'd like to buy one yourself of just check it out... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WD843ZM/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

j.thumb.JPG.e201c95cb2d0098b07e0c710b348cbf5.JPG

Edited by UrbanDecay4

28 minutes ago, physics-fan3.14 said:

What do you intend to use it for? 

Looking closely at errors I've found or types... I found a large date 1982 penny and I recently received a RPM nickel that I can barely see because I'm trying with my naked eye

You won't know if it will be good until you try it out. I had a celestron model that looked like the one you bought. The problem was the inability to turn the built in light off. It caused too many reflections on the coin to get clear pics. I bought an opti-tekscope a while back and have had pretty good pics with it. I also use mine to look at wrist watch parts. 

The other problem with this type of scope besides the light, mine has a roller switch for the light. The distance from the object is to close. I found this nifty little stand that the scope fits into. Really allows you the distance you need to get a broader image. On Amazon for $21.95

2890BD88-79F2-4D74-BED9-78EAAA074BA1.jpeg

851B2AEF-5D83-4E48-BB50-B5C27587F1D3.jpeg