• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will NGC correct errors if submission forms were incorrect?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I recently submitted a few coins for the first time. On the form it asked for a Ms or pf designation and I wasn't sure if the coins were proofs or not. I labeled them as Ms. Also, I noticed some 63 Franklin half dollars have an fbl or full bell line designation. Are these things that NGC will assign during the grading process?

Edited by Tyc0315

You have already submitted the coins and followed the instructions and taken notice of all the options and costs on the Submission Form to a "T" so you will get your answer in due course.  What I am curious about is your indecisiveness as to exactly what it was you believed you had.

Although there are members here who would beg to differ, I believe the likelihood of a raw (loose) coin coming into your possession after a half-century of miscellaneous meanderings and being graded either MS or Pf, is nil. Did any of the coins show any sign of wear, commonly referred to as post-mint damage, or PMD?

If you bought them in a stapled holder with no notation as to grade, that would be unusual. How would you determine their value range?

If these coins came in Mint packaging, grade would not be an issue. Likewise for third-party grading encapsulations.

Exactly how, i.e., in what manner, did these coins come into your possession and how did you learn about Full Bell Lines?

If the are business strikes and they deserve the FBL designation they will get it, you don't have to ask for it.  If you called them MS(business strikes) and they are actually proofs or vice/versa they will almost certainly come back labeled properly.

5 hours ago, Conder101 said:

or vice/versa they will almost certainly come back labeled properly.

This is true I have had one or 2 fixed  due to online form malfuction ( at least thats what i call it)  probabbly user errors........ 

I work for a pawn shop and a customer sold us a collection of silver coins. Most of them were culls but two 1963 quarters and one 1963 half appeared virtually uncirculated to the naked eye. I had just joined cgc to have some comics graded so I scooped these up to send in as well. I've been a casual coin collector most of my life but these are my first submissions. I learned about full bell lines from having seen the designation before and by looking at the NGC price guides in the past. Most of my collection has been Morgan's, peace dollars and pre 1900. I know next to nothing about the Franklin's but it will be cool to see what grade and designations these coins earn!