• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Saint-Gaudens National Park Coin Series

12 posts in this topic

I have been collecting the Saint-Gaudens set that I believe started in 2015. Being a private issue (non-US mint) it is very hard to find a complete listing of all of the coins. I just obtained a 2021, but does anyone have a complete list of the collection? Or know where I can find it? Any help would be appreciated.,

Thanks in advance, and God Bless.

Denny

32 minutes ago, DES1958 said:

I have been collecting the Saint-Gaudens set that I believe started in 2015. Being a private issue (non-US mint) it is very hard to find a complete listing of all of the coins. I just obtained a 2021, but does anyone have a complete list of the collection? Or know where I can find it? Any help would be appreciated.,

Thanks in advance, and God Bless.

Denny

All I can find is an add to purchase the 2019 issue. However the add says the medal was struck by the Commonwealth Mint. I googled the Commonwealth Mint and it's a U.K. company. Unfortunately there are no references in the products section of their website as the issue is probably sold out. However they do have a contact us tab in the upper right corner of the home page. You may want to contact them and see if they would provide a list. 

Link to the add with the info.  https://www.moderncoinmart.com/2-piece-set-2019-1-oz-silver-cent-saint-gaudens-last-cent-national-parks-medal-ngc-pf69-uc-bonus-1-10-oz-copper-nickel-antiqued-medal-with-coa-storybook-mercanti-signed-label-sku58217.html

Link to Commonwealth Mint  https://www.thecommonwealthmint.co.uk/

Good luck and happy hunting.

I love this series, my only complaint is I've had to purchase the silver coins and not the gold ones. xD  Glad to find others like it as well (I kind of suspected some did, because the bidding on these coins can get pretty high :bigsmile: ).

You have a bunch of High Relief and Ultra High Relief coins/commemoratives that mimic the classic obverse of the Saint-Gaudens Double Eagles.  They've added the Indian Liberty w/headdress that was used on patterns as well as the Barber-like coins posted above.

2017 NatPark Indian Head PF70.jpg

2018 NatPark S-G Reverse Proof.jpg

Edited by GoldFinger1969

Prices on these coins -- Winged Liberty, High and Ultra High Relief, Silver and Gold -- have jumped in recent months.

Folks who can't afford pricier coins moving down to these levels, especially the silver ones.

Even seen a high-priced palladium coin and a 5 oz. silver one !

5 hours ago, J P Mashoke said:

Is this coin something like, What you would be looking for DES1958?

You do realize that the person you tagged made one post back in 2011 and it does not look like he has been back since.  So the chances of him answering your post seem very slim.

7 hours ago, Coinbuf said:

You do realize that the person you tagged made one post back in 2011 and it does not look like he has been back since.  So the chances of him answering your post seem very slim.

LoLs funny I did not see that. I saw the thread come up and thought it was new.9_9

And yes they are nice  RWB but too much hoopla with the book and all. There asking $60 for it , I may offer them $40 not sure if it will be worth a lot down the road.

3 hours ago, RWB said:

They are nice medals, although lacking in finesse.

On 6/14/2021 at 8:08 PM, J P Mashoke said:

And yes they are nice  RWB but too much hoopla with the book and all. There asking $60 for it , I may offer them $40 not sure if it will be worth a lot down the road.

The Indian Head coin just sold on GC for about $240 with lots of bidders; the Winged Liberty for about $145.  Both prices are about 40-100% above what they were selling about 18-22 months ago.

Both were PF70 I believe.

On 6/14/2021 at 8:08 PM, J P Mashoke said:

RWB but too much hoopla with the book and all. There asking $60 for it , I may offer them $40 not sure if it will be worth a lot down the road.

JP, did you ever get one of the coins ?