• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THIS IS IT!!!
2 2

70 posts in this topic

On 5/5/2021 at 12:33 AM, GBrad said:

Sorry, trouble editing here....... I thought oxycodone would be a better, better, I mean better remedy...... remedy........:ohnoez:

Oxycodone?  Did someone suggest 🤔 oxycodone would be a "better remedy?"  For what?  Oxycodone is the reason why I developed an irresistible impulse to collect Roosters 🐓.  Unless you can resist everything except temptation, I would strongly suggest trying something else -- or suffering my fate which is time-consuming, prohibitively expensive and the only known cure to which is completion of a Set Registry with the finest specimens known to a TPGS, whether available, affordable, or not.

2 hours ago, J P Mashoke said:

It was in a customer roll. A good spacer I think. Not as good as that washer I found

S20210310_0003.jpg

Yikes. I have found Canadian coins and have been shorted a coin or two in customer wrapped rolls, but still enjoy searching them.

3 hours ago, J P Mashoke said:

It was in a customer roll. A good spacer I think. Not as good as that washer I found

S20210310_0003.jpg

I got a couple rolls that had some washers in them. 

1 hour ago, Modwriter said:

Yikes. I have found Canadian coins and have been shorted a coin or two in customer wrapped rolls, but still enjoy searching them.

Don't feel bad. In New York, where everything seems to cost more, a roll of quarters from a check cashing place costs $10.25.  I was personally charged $5.00 to cash a personal check for $137. my sister sent me from California drawn on an account at a local neighborhood bank she continued to maintain long after she left New York. Lastly, postage stamps then costing 37 cents routinely sold for 50 cents at local bodegas. :baiting: I love New York.

5 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

Oxycodone?  Did someone suggest 🤔 oxycodone would be a "better remedy?"  For what?  Oxycodone is the reason why I developed an irresistible impulse to collect Roosters 🐓.  Unless you can resist everything except temptation, I would strongly suggest trying something else -- or suffering my fate which is time-consuming, prohibitively expensive and the only known cure to which is completion of a Set Registry with the finest specimens known to a TPGS, whether available, affordable, or not.

Welcome to Schedule II..........

2 hours ago, Hoghead515 said:

I got a couple rolls that had some washers in them. 

This brings me to a long debated/wondering question of mine.  Over the years I have found dozens, if not hundreds, of flat zinc/galvanized flat washers in bank wrapped Linc rolls.  Not your homemade coin rolls in the brown paper bag type material sold at Wally World, but the real deal rolls straight from the bank.  When I take my useless change back to my bank to run through their coin counting machine (a few of the zinc flat washers have found their way back into my cull pile but I typically keep and use them for home and work projects....:bigsmile:) their machine always kicks them out and they "gladly" return them to me.  But I'm like, HEY..... wait a minute.... these were in your wrapped rolls I got from you.  Their answer has always been, "That's impossible....."  So..... how do these zinc flat washers wind up in Linc bank rolls (found more dimes too in Linc rolls than I can remember, but washers..?)  My bank says they send all of their coins back to the Reserve and that's where their rolls come from.  I guess quality control is lacking.

@GBrad Reminds me of the time, some 40 years ago, when it was discovered Connecticut State Turnpike tokens which cost only 17-1/2 cents were discovered being used in New York City Transit Authority subway turnstiles, primarily at Grand Central Station.  Subway tokens were then only 75 cents. Commuters were arrested for fare evasion but the problem persisted for years. Both tokens were produced by the same private minting facility and their size and weight were identical. One woman successfully argued her case when she produced an unopened "ten-pack" of subway tokens that contained one Connecticut turnpike token. It took years of negotiations and litigation before the problem was resolved.

@GBrad yes, a long debated/wondering question of mine too. A bank manager told me last year after a big coin roll dump of mine that they "send the rolls back". I didn't press the subject as to where they send them back to. I'm going to ask next time.

4 minutes ago, Modwriter said:

I didn't press the subject as to where they send them back to. I'm going to ask next time.

I just casually asked where they send all their coins and my bank friend said "The Federal Reserve".... I've never really looked into this but they obviously send them somewhere that wraps coin rolls a whole lot tighter than that kid down the street that dove into his piggybank, or his dad's collection...hm, and threw them into brown paper rolls and tucked in the ends.  Edit- Some of my best finds have been from "that kid" who cashed in his (or his dad's) brown bag Linc rolls at the local Stop and Rob for a few Washington greenbacks.....

6 hours ago, GBrad said:

I just casually asked where they send all their coins and my bank friend said "The Federal Reserve".... I've never really looked into this but they obviously send them somewhere that wraps coin rolls a whole lot tighter than that kid down the street that dove into his piggybank, or his dad's collection...hm, and threw them into brown paper rolls and tucked in the ends.  Edit- Some of my best finds have been from "that kid" who cashed in his (or his dad's) brown bag Linc rolls at the local Stop and Rob for a few Washington greenbacks.....

The girls and guys down the bank know what I like and always ask if I want the older rolls. When I bring rolls back that I have searched they always ask if I had look at them they don't look opened LoL the one on the left is a factory roll and the one on the right is a reroll.  

Rollup.jpg