• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THIS IS IT!!!
2 2

70 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Modwriter said:

Could be from the recently found wreckage of the Black Pearl.

I don't think it could've ever been submerged in that water and still be this pristine... 

4 hours ago, Dark Chameleon said:

DD reverse.

Tripled, for sure! Can't you see that? What is wrong with you people? 

3 hours ago, J P Mashoke said:

Like this 

S20210501_0008.jpg

S20210501_0009.jpg

Where is the 3? It cannot be it of there isn't a 3... It looks like this 1942.

3 hours ago, RWB said:

Would you like to borrow my oxyacetylene touch? It makes a fine light!

RE: "If anyone would care for additional pics, feel free to ask!" Well.....could you post fewer pictures? My eyes hurt.

Maybe you need new glasses, then, mister 😂😎 Some like mine! 

3 hours ago, ronnie stein said:

That's a 'Biker' coin. I recognized it right off. An initiation thing, wad up a dollar bill, swallow it, and chase it with a Lincoln cent. They retrieve them a few days later and put them on the clubhouse wall on display by their name. Do you have the dollar bill that goes with it?

I can make one if that will make it worth more money! Should I do it? 

3 hours ago, Hoghead515 said:

Looks like it's rusted.  I'd say it's probably an old blank out of an electric box or something. 

20210504_192406.jpg

16201749091734441380126118866410.jpg

20 minutes ago, Sharann said:

And what did that D stand for? I can't seem to recall. 

That was Dahlonega, Georgia. What used to be a mint is now a raceway that was shown in film with some dude name Rick Rob or Rick Roll.

3 hours ago, Dark Chameleon said:

Having e penitence as a metal detectors od say its a zincon that has been underground for maybe one week....it hasn't been there long enough to develop the tell tale sign of green edging but certainly an 82-90 as the face has worn away a little.

Thanks 😁 but I told you it is copper. I even proved it by verifying its weight!! 

Edited by Sharann

31 minutes ago, Sharann said:

Do you think I should take the other one I have as well? I have two of them. Sometimes I post the wrong one 🤦🏼‍♀️

Only if you have posted fifteen different pictures of it. Fourteen simply are not sufficient.

4 minutes ago, JKK said:

That was Dahlonega, Georgia. What used to be a mint is now a raceway that was shown in film with some dude name Rick Rob or Rick Roll.

I couldn't have said it better myself 😂

2 minutes ago, JKK said:

Only if you have posted fifteen different pictures of it. Fourteen simply are not sufficient.

(Omg, I am dying here) 

I will gladly photograph my Proud Potato fifteen more times!! 

37 minutes ago, Sharann said:

(Omg, I am dying here) 

I will gladly photograph my Proud Potato fifteen more times!! 

Have you tried doing under ultraviolent light? That's normal ultraviolet, but you watch Alpaca Lips Now (or whatever it was called) while you do it.

1 hour ago, Sharann said:

And what did that D stand for? I can't seem to recall. 

Denver. Lol. Inside joke. A person posted one while back and argued with everyone for over a week that it had six flattened S mintmarks under a D mintmark. He just couldn't agree with us there were no S marks there. He seen all kinds of crazy things on that coin. He was hard headed. 

1 hour ago, Sharann said:

16201741005042343440233558033150.jpg

20210504_192406.jpg

I now have reason to believe that your Proud Potato is a modern U.S. cent. The diameter and weight brings me to this conclusion. Archeologists could find it hundreds of years from now and it will be considered a museum piece.

9 minutes ago, GBrad said:

Sorry, trouble editing here....... I thought oxycodone would be a better, better, I mean better remedy...... remedy........:ohnoez:

And you are probably exactly right! My whole body hurts from trying to convince everyone that I have a clue what is going on with my  Proud Potato 🥔. These people here really don't want to see anyone else do well. 😂

13 hours ago, JKK said:

Clearly it is the copper 1943 wide AM small date cent. Drive immediately to NGC HQ, well armed in case of theft, to have it slabbed.

To have it stabbed, or to have that thing stabbed and put out of its misery?

14 hours ago, Sharann said:

Thanks 😁 but I told you it is copper. I even proved it by verifying its weight!! 

Use a rock tumbler on it...give it about 6 hours in one then you will see it in all its glory, btw, the 3 if you turn it 90 degrees is actully a bust looking left...I recommend harbor freight tumber with natural aquarium gravel, a drop of dawn dish soap and keep it away from you cos the noise will drive you mad.

4 hours ago, Dark Chameleon said:

Use a rock tumbler on it...give it about 6 hours in one then you will see it in all its glory, btw, the 3 if you turn it 90 degrees is actully a bust looking left...I recommend harbor freight tumber with natural aquarium gravel, a drop of dawn dish soap and keep it away from you cos the noise will drive you mad.

LOL, I just happen to have a rock tumbler here already. Thanks for the advice. I'll be trying it asap! 😉

On 5/4/2021 at 11:39 AM, Sharann said:

Some of you will get this; some will not...but I couldn't resist. 

Can anyone see a three in the date? Since I am only kindly speaking, don't you think I should send it off to be graded? She sure is a beauty! 

If anyone would care for additional pics, feel free to ask! :insane::roflmao:🤦🏼‍♀️💁🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

DSC_0289.JPG

DSC_0291.JPG

I have found what your coin may have looked like a while back Sharann. This was in a roll I opened up today. I think mine is going to grade much higher than yours when I send it in.

S20210511_0001.jpg

S20210511_0002.jpg

55 minutes ago, J P Mashoke said:

I have found what your coin may have looked like a while back Sharann. This was in a roll I opened up today. I think mine is going to grade much higher than yours when I send it in.

S20210511_0001.jpg

S20210511_0002.jpg

That is for sure a 65 D with six S under it. For sure a keeper. as for getting it graded you may not recoup the money it cost. But I did see one on a web site going for around $3,000. It was from some place in Nevada.