• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rare penny?

6 posts in this topic

These are from a jar of pennies the 1963 one has a lot of double over lapping lettering increasing its value I can take better pictures hopefully you can authenticate and tell me what you think.🤷🏻‍♂️

I think the 1925 D is worth 3 or 4 cents, maybe up to 5 vents. The 1963 D is worth face value. I think it has some strike doubling that adds no value.

You asked what we think. There it is.

Welcome to the Forum

The 1925D looks ordinary and don’t see any doubling on the 1963D. Maybe you could take a closeup of where you think there is Doubling. Hard to tell from those pictures.

1 hour ago, Philip401 said:

These are from a jar of pennies the 1963 one has a lot of double over lapping lettering increasing its value I can take better pictures hopefully you can authenticate and tell me what you think.🤷🏻‍♂️

The cents are consistent with the penny jar - pocket change with little or no added collector value.

Yes all my working life I had jars and cans some with wheat pennies and some with pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters all key dates and oddities that I would look at later in life .Well I am retired now and you wont believe what I found.. Lots of spare change , Not much lots of maybes. There was some keepers but not as much as I thought there would be. I am not saying to it was a loss. It is a hobby. I still keep all my wheat's and silver you never know and any true copper. I also roll hunt every day I can. The fact is there are still keepers out there somewhere and some day someone's kid may spend there dads 1960 D MSFS on a candy bar and one day we may get lucky  Always have faith in you mission and keep looking. If you are new here welcome. The members here are the nicest around and know there stuff.      

Edited by J P Mashoke