• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here are some nickels for Lem E

37 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Modwriter said:

Does anybody know when the TPG's started adding "FS" to their Jefferson nickel grading? 

No, but I recognize you from CU... hey!

29 minutes ago, UrbanDecay4 said:

No, but I recognize you from CU... hey!

Hey! Yes, I have been following both CU and NGC boards for about a year now. The nickel I picked up is a 1974 Jefferson MS65 without the FS designation.

1 hour ago, UrbanDecay4 said:

WOW! Those must've been expensive!

It all depends on what you like to add to your collection.

NGC says they are worth $4500 as a pair ----- Make me a good offer :) and they could be in your collection ;)

18 minutes ago, Six Mile Rick said:

NGC says they are worth $4500 as a pair ----- Make me a good offer :) and they could be in your collection ;)

LOL :roflmao:... I wish! I don't even have the money to buy a small snack! I don't have a job just yet and even when I do, for the next 4-5 years I'm going to be focused on getting a car, house/apartment, working through college etc.... I wish I could own those but I'm gonna have to pass... :wink: 

I started collecting the full steppers in 2008 when I joined NGC and left PCGS.

More of a FT dime man I got many nickels in trades and submissions.

Buying, Selling and Trading has made my collecting affordable.

Here is the Jefferson set that I sell and trade out of;

https://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/SetListing.aspx?PeopleSetID=239643

35 minutes ago, Six Mile Rick said:

I believe they started with full steps early on. NGC only realized 6 full steps so there are older NGC slab MS nickels that are 5 full steps (but not graded as) and can be regraded up to value with the 5FS listing if you find a few. 

Here is a old slab NGC graded 1945-D MS67  -------- 5FS I believe if I resubmit it;

1650181_GalleryThumb_Rev.jpg?t=NC8zMC8yM1650181_GalleryThumb_Obv.jpg?t=NC8zMC8yM

I have seen a few here and there on older NGC slabs with an FS designation but no 5 or 6. I need to do a little more research to see what these are. Im curious to know if they are considered a 5 FS or 6 FS? Here is an example.

C5BF6348-F105-487A-84B0-F9F02FCABC0C.png

Sorry I just read your post a little better. I assume this is a 6 step coin then.

36 minutes ago, Six Mile Rick said:

WAIT! I have an amazing offer... this is a once in a lifetime opportunity so I suggest you take it... Okay, here it is... $0.00 :wink:

1 minute ago, Six Mile Rick said:

That should be a 6FS check it out and let us know!!

I would check it but this is not my coin. It is a listing pic from ebay. I had seen a few of these and wasn’t sure. Thanks for the info.

Here is the reverse pic of that coin. It is not a very good pic to see steps but they look a little rough for a 6 step coin. (This pic doesn’t show on here as well as it does on the listing) 

31151C16-EA15-4A78-8AC3-D6183D26D726.png

5C26F871-175C-4E9B-8650-E9CC67C16269.jpeg

Edited by Lem E
Add