• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEED HELP with this, bogus CC morgan in fake slab??

30 posts in this topic

hello all,  i saw this on ebay.  i have reported what i feel to be fakes many times to ebay and they never took any action.  The PCGS cert number doesnt come up, the label is jacked up, the coin looks cleaned XF?  and is listed as a 64.  please look at the ebay link and pics.  what can we do with this??  will PCGS get involved..  please advise as this really bothers me.   1893 cc Morgan Silver Dollar MS64 PCGS | eBay                image.png.2a7bbbcfd5484964256792a488adf9b4.pngimage.png.079943dc8ecfe9b29aad8854e0853220.pngimage.png.df1e5081dc8d74e01ba87fa520263ef3.png

It sure doesn’t look like it’s uncirculated. The pictures are so awful it’s hard to tell a whole lot. I know some on here are active in reporting this to eBay. I don’t know how to do a whole lot myself, but agree something is up. As you said Cert is invalid. 

@Just Bob - I know you have reported several in my time here. Any advice for the OP?

91F12A42-FF8B-4016-A725-8050FE339774.thumb.png.0b1e4231abe677e4efb5e9cee277d13e.png

Ok this is a first. The same seller has a 2014 W burnished gold eagle. When I look up the Cert on NGC it comes up, but says possible counterfeit holder. I’ve never seen the Cert work and it say that. 

Edited by Woods020

1 minute ago, Woods020 said:

Ok this is a first. The same seller h91F12A42-FF8B-4016-A725-8050FE339774.thumb.png.0b1e4231abe677e4efb5e9cee277d13e.pngas a 2014 W burnished gold eagle. When I look up the Cert on NGC it comes up, but says possible counterfeit holder. I’ve never seen the Cert work and it say that. 

yeah this is adding up to a huge pile of    the other members will know what to do

dollarfan:  You are so correct and thanks for the warning.  ATS, a month or so ago was posting data on counterfeit PCGS slabs

We're sorry, that certification number was not found. Please double check the number and try again.

And they are getting better and better.

Edited by Alex in PA.

8 minutes ago, Woods020 said:

I’ve never seen the Cert work and it say that. 

I have, and on numerous occassions.  If NGC is not sure they will brand it "Possible Counterfeit".  

Just now, Alex in PA. said:

I have, and on numerous occassions.  If NGC is not sure they will brand it "Possible Counterfeit".  

I’m actually very happy I haven’t seen it haha. I hope I never do again. 

4 minutes ago, Alex in PA. said:

does ngc and pcgs care enough about this type of scenario to do something?  somebody already bid 1500 bucks

I don’t get why NGC would have a picture of the slab. Had someone taken the picture from a previous ad and reported to NGC? Surely if it had went to NGC it wouldn’t have left. 

8 minutes ago, Woods020 said:

I don’t get why NGC would have a picture of the slab. Had someone taken the picture from a previous ad and reported to NGC? Surely if it had went to NGC it wouldn’t have left. 

the gold coin in the slab from ebay does not look like the coin pictured by ngc  even with crappy pics 

I saw a YouTube  not long ago on a guy that was showing a bunch of  Graded slab coins all fake like the labels looked real but were thin paper were not locked down in the corners and were pealing and stuff like NGC slabs interlock so you can stack them and the fake slabs did not lock just slid apart from each other.  I wish there was some way to stop this .People who don't know enough are just getting %$#*@  and it will come back to bite the honest collector. 

9 minutes ago, Mr.Bill347 said:

Reported it to EBay and PCGS

thanks, i am going to track this closely and see if they do anything.  bidding on the morgan is up to 2015 dollars:pullhair:   people need to be punished for this stuff

1 hour ago, dollarfan said:

hello all,  i saw this on ebay.  i have reported what i feel to be fakes many times to ebay and they never took any action.  The PCGS cert number doesnt come up, the label is jacked up, the coin looks cleaned XF?  and is listed as a 64.  please look at the ebay link and pics.  what can we do with this??  will PCGS get involved..  please advise as this really bothers me.   1893 cc Morgan Silver Dollar MS64 PCGS | eBay                

When reporting something on eBay it will only allow for one report.. You must get multiple reports from multiple people before eBay removes the listing

Edited by UrbanDecay4

1 hour ago, Woods020 said:

91F12A42-FF8B-4016-A725-8050FE339774.thumb.png.0b1e4231abe677e4efb5e9cee277d13e.png

Ok this is a first. The same seller has a 2014 W burnished gold eagle. When I look up the Cert on NGC it comes up, but says possible counterfeit holder. I’ve never seen the Cert work and it say that. 

Someone may have used an actual number and did a pretty good job at faking it... Coin forgers are getting smarter

1 minute ago, UrbanDecay4 said:

When reporting something on eBay it will only allow for one report.. You must get multiple reports from multiple people before eBay removes the listing

that is good to know.  removing the listing would seem like just postponing the fraud sale..........SAD

To bad the law don't crack down on these thugs. Any kind of thief. There's a crew living here around the house here robbing everyone blind. They been caught several times and right out of jail the next morning every time. Everyone is fed up. They need to start making stiffer penalties. Seems the crooks got more rights than we do. They got it made. Don't have to work for a living. Just rob us out of our money and things we worked like a mule for. I don't know what we gotta do to get them to crack down on these thugs. 

1 hour ago, Hoghead515 said:

To bad the law don't crack down on these thugs. Any kind of thief. There's a crew living here around the house here robbing everyone blind. They been caught several times and right out of jail the next morning every time. Everyone is fed up. They need to start making stiffer penalties. Seems the crooks got more rights than we do. They got it made. Don't have to work for a living. Just rob us out of our money and things we worked like a mule for. I don't know what we gotta do to get them to crack down on these thugs. 

wheres charles bronson when u need him?....

I reported both as well and sent a note to the seller. As I told him hopefully he is simply unaware. We will see. I included the screen shot of the NGC Cert so he can’t claim ignorance at this point 

12 hours ago, dollarfan said:

does ngc and pcgs care enough about this type of scenario to do something? 

I'm sorry 'dollarfan'; I really don't know the answer to that.  The problem is, with this 'crime', there are no consequences.  I have literally read hundreds of threads on this over the years.  I firmly believe, the only people who truly care are:  men and women like you.  The only course, unless a really large counterfeit operation, is for us to pester EBay, et al, enough to get the ad pulled.  Again, I am very sorry I haven't an good answer for you.

Edited by Alex in PA.

2 hours ago, Woods020 said:

The seller pulled them down. He also responded back to my message and said thank you and that he wasn’t aware. Let’s hope they don’t pop back up. 

I'm sure he wasn't. :roflmao:He just trying to justify himself cause he got caught. 

2 minutes ago, Hoghead515 said:

I'm sure he wasn't. :roflmao:He just trying to justify himself cause he got caught. 

I agree. I’m pretty cynical too on this. I just wonder if we wait a few weeks and check his profile if they are re-listed. I sure hope not. 

10 hours ago, Woods020 said:

He also responded back to my message and said thank you and that he wasn’t aware.

Maybe he wasn't.  When I looked him over he had a 100% Feedback Rating but had NEVER sold a coin.  Looked like a Pawn Shop person on the stuff he was selling.  Either way -  You saved someone an awful lot of grief.

Edited by Alex in PA.
Add information