• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New NGC Tool Lets Submitters Confirm Delivery of Their Submission
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Not tying to be negative, but it is about time, PCGS has had this feature for some time.  When you send a company thousands of dollars worth of coins and the PO says its been delivered, it causes great anxiety when you have to wait up to two weeks before you see any evidence that your coins are actually safe and secure.  This new feature should alleviate said anxiety, thank you!

6 minutes ago, lehigh96 said:

Not tying to be negative, but it is about time, PCGS has had this feature for some time.  When you send a company thousands of dollars worth of coins and the PO says its been delivered, it causes great anxiety when you have to wait up to two weeks before you see any evidence that your coins are actually safe and secure.  This new feature should alleviate said anxiety, thank you!

Mine was opened March 17th and apparently cracked open the slab shortly after but from that point zero information....a month and a half of zero information has me more skittish to send in more then a process that is stipulated on the submission form.

Edited by Dark Chameleon

What about a "tracker" that lets you see the various stages from Delivery Accepted to Coins Mailed Back ?  A 5 or 6 or 7 bar indicator that progresses from left-to-right.  Very simple.  Very easy to construct on the website and have updated. 

UPS, USPS, FedX, Amazon, etc. -- they all have it.  Not sure why NGC and/or PCGS don't have this feature.

Edited by GoldFinger1969

14 hours ago, GoldFinger1969 said:

What about a "tracker" that lets you see the various stages from Delivery Accepted to Coins Mailed Back ?  A 5 or 6 or 7 bar indicator that progresses from left-to-right.  Very simple.  Very easy to construct on the website and have updated. 

UPS, USPS, FedX, Amazon, etc. -- they all have it.  Not sure why NGC and/or PCGS don't have this feature.

PCGS does have that, their stages are as follows:  Arrived--Received--Grading--Encapsulation--Quality Check--Shipped--Delivered

NGC has a similar updating system that allows you to see the current status, but they don't have an indicator bar like your are referencing.

[If it were up to me, seeing as how "estimated turnaround" times tend to raise expectations, 🤔 I would revise them to more accurately reflect reality -- or dispense with them entirely.

In a recent post elsewhere, a member presumably paid the standard $65 fee for Express service, and waited patiently to hear back after receipt of submission was confirmed -- for several weeks, to no avail. This is unacceptable.]

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Closing bracket.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

In a recent post elsewhere, a member presumably paid the standard $65 fee for Express service, and waited patiently to hear back after receipt of submission was confirmed.

I don't know the submission in question, but the delay may have been due to the exotic nature of the pieces. It sometimes requires quite a bit of research to identify and authenticate rarely seen coins, medals and tokens.