• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yellowstone park Commemorative coin
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Can anyone help with this I have been searching for this all through the Internet cannot find any match. So as to Find out where it came from and what it is made of. And to find its value. It is about the size of an Eisenhower dollar Slightly bigger. Think you so much for any information.

Picture_20210302020312.jpg

Picture_20210202020240.jpg

I have not seen one before but I think that its a gift shop souvenir/token that may have been purchased by an individual that visited Yellowstone Park in the past.  From the photo I would guess its made of brass but that is just a guess.

That is what I am thinking also Just really wish I could confirm it. It seems to me that there should be more out there somewhere. IF that were the case.  I'm wondering if it is possibly gold plated.

Some type of token/souvenir, probably made of brass with medal alignment. It could be tough to identify exactly where it came from.

It does have FG similar to the Kennedy reverse, it could be a Frank Gasparro designed but that's a long shot.  Doesn't look gold plated to me but you could have it tested.

I don’t believe it’s gold with the spots, however I think it is an old souvenir coin. I have three or four souvenir silver coins that are beautiful. Mine are worth maybe $20. 

The coin is very unusual and as you found out, hard to find. I did a pretty exhaustive search and found none like it. It is a Frank Gasparro design which, in my mind makes it special.

Who is Frank Gasparro?

https://coinweek.com/dealers-companies/pcgs-dealers-companies/frank-gasparro-and-his-coins/

These were popular with the tourist market for some time. I even pick up some similar when I'm lucky enough to run across them. My latest was the Red Rocks near the Colorado Springs / Pikes Peak area. Speaking of CS,CO the March 2022 ANA Show is at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs. I don't know if they chose that to keep transportation costs down while the large show market recovers, but good on 'em if that's the reason.

Edited by VKurtB

1 hour ago, VKurtB said:

These were popular with the tourist market for some time. I even pick up some similar when I'm lucky enough to run across them. My latest was the Red Rocks near the Colorado Springs / Pikes Peak area. Speaking of CS,CO the March 2022 ANA Show is at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs. I don't know if they chose that to keep transportation costs down while the large show market recovers, but good on 'em if that's the reason.

garden of the gods......great place to contemplate 

3 hours ago, zadok said:

garden of the gods......great place to contemplate 

Dass da one!