• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A cool feature that I have not noticed before in the registry.
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Just wanted to give a shout out to the registry team here at NGC, I don't look at my sets all that often but tonight was looking thru this set and noticed the top pop icon.  I don't know how long its been there, maybe it has for some time and I just had not seen it.  But at any rate its kinda cool, so thanks for that NGC registry team. :golfclap::)

image.thumb.png.09eaa22864662d8fcc1a71272124c086.png

Edited by Coinbuf

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Coinbuf said:

Just wanted to give a shout out to the registry team here at NGC, I don't look at my sets all that often but tonight was looking thru this set and noticed the top pop icon.  I don't know how long its been there, maybe it has for some time and I just had not seen it.  But at any rate its kinda cool, so thanks for that NGC registry team. :golfclap::)

Thanks, Coinbuf.

We are excited about this new icon! Please let us know if there are other features you would like to see in the NGC Registry. 

2 minutes ago, Fiddlehead said:

Where is it, and what is it?

Thanks, Fiddlehead

It is the same icon that would be on an individual coins page in your registry set if your coin was at the top of the population. They are now on the main pages of your sets as well. I think it’s a cool little detail too. Thanks NGC.

9 hours ago, Ali E. said:

Thanks, Coinbuf.

We are excited about this new icon! Please let us know if there are other features

Being able to scan the barcode of NGC holders to add them to a set would be really nice. Not that typing it in takes much longer but if you are looking for wish lists it would be nice. 

On 4/30/2021 at 10:59 AM, Ali E. said:

Thanks, Coinbuf.

We are excited about this new icon! Please let us know if there are other features you would like to see in the NGC Registry. 

The icon is handy!

Question about the icon: does it only represent the date/mint, or if the coin is in a Type Set, does it represent Top Pop for the type?  

For example, if you have a MS68 1943 cent that is Top Pop, but there exists a 1943-D cent in MS68+, the 1943 cent is not Top Pop for the Type. What it show as Top Pop or not?   It would be better if it did NOT show, because that would save a lot of research time for upgrades!

Thanks in advance

On 4/30/2021 at 9:59 AM, Ali E. said:

Thanks, Coinbuf.

I am Excited about the new icon as well, However this coin is an NGC Reverse Proof 70 and does not show the TOP POP icon.  4964153-143 

Can this be Fixed? 

2 hours ago, JBock said:

I am Excited about the new icon as well, However this coin is an NGC Reverse Proof 70 and does not show the TOP POP icon.  4964153-143 

Can this be Fixed? 

Hello, 

We have forwarded this information to our programmers to review.  Thank you.

On 4/30/2021 at 8:40 PM, Woods020 said:

Being able to scan the barcode of NGC holders to add them to a set would be really nice. Not that typing it in takes much longer but if you are looking for wish lists it would be nice. 

A little late to reply but if you happen to have their app you can scan it and add to the registry that way, along when designating where it goes or even adding a category.