• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Special labels planned for the 100th anniversary Morgans and Peace?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Hi, was just wondering if you guys were planning special labels for the 100th anniversary Morgans and Peace dollar coming out?   The 2016 labels were great.  Hoping there will be attractive ones for these as well.    I know a lot of people don't care but I think it adds an element of attractiveness to the overall package.   I'd suggest maybe an old (or new) pic of the original mints they're associated with on part of it with obvious labeling to help quickly distinguish which is which once they're on the open market.   

• Administrator

Hi, 

Thank you for your message. We will be offering the labels below for the 2021 coins. Submission instructions will be posted soon. We greatly appreciate your interest and excitement for submitting these coins. 

https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/8845/NGC-New-Morgan-Peace-Labels/

Big SIGH...so I'll need to submit 100+ coins, and a upgraded membership, to get these labels. Once again, the regular collector misses out. Guess I'll just buy one these each and leave it in the Mint packaging, if I get lucky enough to get one from the Mint itself which is a challenge in itself.

"These attractive labels are available for bulk submissions of 1921 Morgan and Peace Dollars, and will be offered for the highly anticipated 2021 Morgan and Peace Dollars being released later in the year."

Edited by EdG_Ohio
spelling

• Administrator

Hi, 

The labels are currently available for bulk submissions of 1921 Morgan and Peace Dollars. For the 2021 coins, the labels will be open to everyone for no additional fee. We'll post submission instructions to this thread when ready. 

Thanks, Ronnie

On 5/3/2021 at 8:11 AM, Ronnie@NGC said:

Hi, 

The labels are currently available for bulk submissions of 1921 Morgan and Peace Dollars. For the 2021 coins, the labels will be open to everyone for no additional fee. We'll post submission instructions to this thread when ready. 

Thanks, Ronnie

Thank you, now only if I get lucky when the U.S. Mint releases these.    LOL

On the news posting, it says that the 2021 Morgan and Peace Dollars have to be submitted under Early Bird or above and then pay $5 for the label. Hope that is a typo, if not, please reconsider for the average collectors. It would be $43.00 to submit a $85.00 coin. On Ronnie's May 3 comment, it said available to everyone for no additional fee.

You guys are showing a new Morgan and Peace on the home page in slabs with the new labels.  The 2021 Peace will not be high relief but it says it on the label.  Are they all just going to get that designation or is this an error and shouldn't be on there?   The mint director said they cannot be made in high relief and they will not be in a recent coinworld article.  

Other Mint insights:

The 2021 coins are not considered high relief, Menna said. The portrait relief was adjusted so it does not extend above the rim of each coin.