• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Priority Signature Mail
2 2

126 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, World Colonial said:

I have a batch I have wanted to submit for about a year but have declined due to stories like this one.

About a month ago I received back 3 coins, graded and slabbed, from NGC and those three coins didn't spend a month in the system.  This "story", in my humble opinion, was created when the OP required a signature for a package going to a Post Office Box.  I think, if you would have seen what I have sent, Priority Mail Express, without ever having a lost or missing package, you might be shocked.  And shame on me for NOT having one coin lost or stolen via USPS, since 1966.  Maybe it's because I follow instructions?

5 minutes ago, Alex in PA. said:

About a month ago I received back 3 coins, graded and slabbed, from NGC and those three coins didn't spend a month in the system.  This "story", in my humble opinion, was created when the OP required a signature for a package going to a Post Office Box.  I think, if you would have seen what I have sent, Priority Mail Express, without ever having a lost or missing package, you might be shocked.  And shame on me for NOT having one coin lost or stolen via USPS, since 1966.  Maybe it's because I follow instructions?

I have not lost a package I sent yet either.  I have always sent packages to NGC by first class registered mail.  It's taken about a week to my collection for it to show up in their tracking.

:ohnoez:

If I mail out to Zip Code 34230 from Zip Code 17745 my package to NGC will leave Monday @ 12;00 noon and arrive Tuesday by 12:00 noon or Wednesday Morning.  Priority Mail Express Insured (No Signature).  Cost is a little extra but I always have been impatient.  :bigsmile:

Edited by Alex in PA.

12 minutes ago, Alex in PA. said:

Well sir I’m so glad you’ve been following instructions for the last 70 years. Maybe you could mosey on over to Sarasota and find my coins? That ok? Because they seem to have no problem with signature required mail. I don’t know how it was though during the Johnson administration. Cheers!This is what NGC said on the 27th.  Dear Mark,  Thank you for your email.  We have a Post Office on site with postal worker that work Monday through Friday.  All packages are delivered to us directly and we will sign for them.  Thank you,  Lisa

44 minutes ago, World Colonial said:

I have not lost a package I sent yet either.  I have always sent packages to NGC by first class registered mail.  It's taken about a week to my collection for it to show up in their tracking.

That's how I've sent mine to. Registered mail. 

34 minutes ago, Alex in PA. said:

Ever think you're being told stuff just to shut you up?

BTW:  Research the NGC Zip Code, c'mon back and tell us about the NGC Post Office.  :roflmao:

I’m not sure what your point was, but they have their own post office.

1 hour ago, reynoldsmc75 said:

Fantastic news! They signed for them today! They do have their own post office and they sign for articles daily! So no signatures are not a problem since it’s the 21st century. Apparently it was stuck in New Orleans. Oh well. All’s well. Thanks for the advice from all! Kentucky if you’re ever in west Texas let me know. Thank you. 

That's awesome they got them. That takes a big load off. I'm happy they made it. 

2 hours ago, MarkFeld said:

but they have their own post office.

Then would you please provide me with the correct Zip Code?  Thank you.

56 minutes ago, Alex in PA. said:

I don’t know or care what the zip code is or whether you believe me. Years ago, I was there and saw it.

1 hour ago, Alex in PA. said:

I don't know if this is what Mark was referring to, but the USPS does have "Post Offices" that are inside businesses and staffed by employees of that business. They're called Contract Postal Units and Village Post Offices. They offer limited services, sometimes not really open to the public.

I worked in an office building where we had a Post Office next to the mail boxes. You needed a key to get into the mail room, so other than the people who worked in the building I doubt anyone else ever went in there. 

7 minutes ago, MarkFeld said:

Years ago, I was there and saw it.

Maybe you did.  The Zip Code and address for NGC Coin has been PO Box 4776, Sarasota, FL 34230 since moving from New Jersey in 2002.   Perhaps you saw a Mail Room.

Sarasota Post Office Location 34230

1661 Ringling Blvd, Sarasota, FL 34230

Dennis E Lopez (Postmaster)

dennis.e.lopez@usps.gov

941-331-4221

Sarasota Post Office Hours

Retail Hours

Monday-Friday8:00am - 5:30pm

Saturday9:00am - 12:00pm

SundayClosed

Pickup Services Hours

Monday-Friday8:00am - 5:30pm

Saturday9:00am - 12:00pm

SundayClosed

Monday-Sunday12:01am - 11:59pm

PO Box Access Hours

Monday-Sunday12:01am - 11:59pm

https://tools.usps.com/find-location.htm?location=1380798

6 minutes ago, gmarguli said:

but the USPS does have "Post Offices" that are inside businesses

Correct:  These are known as a Kiosk.  And they have their own zip code.

Edited by Alex in PA.

8 minutes ago, Alex in PA. said:

Correct:  These are known as a Kiosk.  And they have their own zip code.

Kiosks are different than Contract Postal Units and Village Post Offices. The USPS refers to their self-service machines as kiosks. CPU & VPO are actual staffed locations. That's according to the USPS website. 

I just looked up the one from the building I worked in. It was a VPO and had the same zip code as a full service Post Office a couple blocks away and the same zip code the building it was in. 

(shrug)

4 hours ago, MarkFeld said:
5 hours ago, Alex in PA. said:

Ever think you're being told stuff just to shut you up?

BTW:  Research the NGC Zip Code, c'mon back and tell us about the NGC Post Office.  :roflmao:

I am not sure about NGC but, I do know that CGC  has it's own Post Office.  So, it would not surprise me if NGC does have it's own PO too.  

Yes, correct:  The United States Postal Service has installed self-serve kiosks called the Automated Postal Center (APC) in the lobbies of many post offices. Using a self-service APC is a convenient alternative to waiting in line for help at a full-service counter.  That still doesn't explain the "NGC Post Office" phenomena.  If Zip Code 34230 is the NGC Post Office then what is the Sarasota, Florida Zip Code?

I'm sorry but I picked the wrong week to quit smoking dope.   :juggle:

1 minute ago, comicdonna said:

So, it would not surprise me if NGC does have it's own PO too.  

Then what is the Official Address??

6 minutes ago, Alex in PA. said:
7 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

So, it would not surprise me if NGC does have it's own PO too.  

Then what is the Official Address??

I am not sure what the official address for NGC is.  

11 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

CGC  has it's own Post Office.

NO!  For gawd's sake:  

CGC
5501 Communications Parkway
Sarasota, FL 34240 --------------------what am I?

Just now, Alex in PA. said:
2 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

I am not sure what the official address for NGC is.  

I am.

Here's a thread about this.

13 hours ago, gmarguli said:

You needed a key to get into the mail room,

Yes.  All of our major businesses have their own 'Mail Room'.  Some, like NGC, are quite sophisticated.  NGC employees package the coins, address the packages, weigh the packages, place the appropriate postage on the packages then place the packages into a container for shipment to the nearest United States Post Office.  Some packages are held for FedEx or USP pick up.  

Edited by Alex in PA.

LISA B

• LISA B
  • Administrator
  •  
  • 896 posts
  • ADMINISTRATOR
  •  

Hello Guy MD,

Our P.O. Box is located in our Facility.  I'm sure that your package is here safe and sound.  As of yesterday we were opening the mail that was delivered to us on November the 6th.

Thank you,

Lisa

11 hours ago, comicdonna said:

Here's a thread about this.

Then obviously who ever it was mailed to did not get to the Post Office to check their PO Box.  The USPS clerk at that US Post Office would place a small note telling the box owner they had a package to pick up.  Maybe they only check their PO Box once a week.  Just because it arrives at it's destination doesn't mean anyone came to check their box.  We are still in the midst of a Pandemic and people cannot expect immediate service.  I sent 4 CC coins to PCGS and it was the only time I ever* asked for a signature.  It took six days for someone to check their PCGS box.  My tracking would have read "Delivered" if not for the required signature.  Tracking just said "Arrived at the Facility".

*  will never do that again

Edited by Alex in PA.

1 hour ago, gmarguli said:

The USPS refers to their self-service machines as kiosks.

For your information:

"Our P.O. Box is located in our Facility.  I'm sure that your package is here safe and sound.  As of yesterday we were opening the mail that was delivered to us on November the 6th.

Thank you,

Lisa"

10 hours ago, GoldFinger1969 said:

Alex, Mark used to work for NGC so I am pretty sure he's up to speed on their office procedures.

Sorry to have to disagree with you but I do not believe he knows the difference between a Company 'Mail Room' and a US Post Office.

17 hours ago, MarkFeld said: