• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Priority Signature Mail
2 2

126 posts in this topic

Hello Folks,

Just sent in about 4,000 bucks in coins to NGC. I sent it insured in priority mailed package. The usps is having trouble delivering my package. Does NGC accept priority mail that requires a signature? Please help. It's been two weeks and I'm beginning to worry really bad.

NGC has their own post office box. It will show it has not been delivered until it is opened. And they were about 15 days behind. So if it says the address and shows it hasn't been delivered on the tracking then it is probably safely at their mail box. 

1 hour ago, MarkFeld said:

What is the specific message you’re getting from the post office?

And have you checked to make sure you used the correct address?

For future reference, I believe that registered-insured would have been a less costly shipping method.

Hello Mark!

As follows: “Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility”. I mailed it on the 14th, and it’s read that since the 18th. No updates, no change. 

53 minutes ago, Hoghead515 said:

I sent this package around the first of April.  It only took 2 days to get there. It took till the 13th to say delivered. Polish_20210426_184617821.thumb.jpg.4702b364aec357811c0c0c3831ae49af.jpg

Sir did you receive any updates along the way?

1 hour ago, MarkFeld said:

What is the specific message you’re getting from the post office?

And have you checked to make sure you used the correct address?

For future reference, I believe that registered-insured would have been a less costly shipping method.

Positive on the address. Confirmed with USPS. About the only thing they could confirm.

1 hour ago, Hoghead515 said:

NGC has their own post office box. It will show it has not been delivered until it is opened. And they were about 15 days behind. So if it says the address and shows it hasn't been delivered on the tracking then it is probably safely at their mail box. 

This is all I have so far. ‘Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility”. Mailed priority with signature on the 14th. Do they accept priority signature mail?

7 minutes ago, reynoldsmc75 said:

Hello Mark!

As follows: “Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility”. I mailed it on the 14th, and it’s read that since the 18th. No updates, no change. 

I realize it’s much easier said than sone, but I wouldn’t worry.

1 hour ago, Hoghead515 said:

And thank you sir for your reply. The waiting is the hardest part. 

8 minutes ago, reynoldsmc75 said:

This is all I have so far. ‘Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility”. Mailed priority with signature on the 14th. Do they accept priority signature mail?

Yea. It took a few days to say delivered. Which means they probably opened it on the 13th. It will take them a few days to put it in the system where they are behind

Edited by Hoghead515

2 minutes ago, reynoldsmc75 said:

Thank you my friend. I hope. Sucks not knowing. 

No problem. It worries me to death until I get that message that it's at a post office in Sarasota FL update. Then I know it's safe at NGC. They got their own post office. 

1 minute ago, Hoghead515 said:

Did yours say arrived at an address in Sarasota FL.  Or a post office in Sarasota FL. If it did then it is more than likely sitting safely at they're facility. 

Unfortunately no. Just the package will arrive later than expected and it’s in transit etc. Last thing it said was that it left my hometown distribution center on the 14th. On the 18th the delayed message, and since then crickets. 

1 minute ago, reynoldsmc75 said:

Unfortunately no. Just the package will arrive later than expected and it’s in transit etc. Last thing it said was that it left my hometown distribution center on the 14th. On the 18th the delayed message, and since then crickets. 

I bought some coins at a few different places off Ebay and it seems like it took them forever to make it through certain usps facilities. I had one stuck in New Hampshire for 2 weeks. I got a message that said it would arrive late and it was still on the way. I just got it a couple days ago. Took 2 weeks and 3 days. 

Good luck my friend. I'm hoping the best. I'd say it's OK though. Certain places are backed way up. But it would make me very nervous to if I had that much money tied up. I'll cross my fingers to for you. I sure hope you hear something soon. 

2 minutes ago, Hoghead515 said:

Good luck my friend. I'm hoping the best. I'd say it's OK though. Certain places are backed way up. But it would make me very nervous to if I had that much money tied up. I'll cross my fingers to for you. I sure hope you hear something soon. 

Appreciate it my friend. 

currently if r status tracking says ur package is still in transit then it is still in usps hands, when it arrives at ngc zip code ur usps status update will say arrived at that zip code n then if u request in ur tracking request it will show when available for pick up, thats when it transfers from usps to ngc, then it could take days to be opened n listed on ur submission status tracking at ngc....once u see available for pick up u can basically relax n when u see received on ngc staus u know its in the system....for example i talked to ngc today n they were just opening mail they received on 7 april today.....

3 minutes ago, zadok said:

currently if r status tracking says ur package is still in transit then it is still in usps hands, when it arrives at ngc zip code ur usps status update will say arrived at that zip code n then if u request in ur tracking request it will show when available for pick up, thats when it transfers from usps to ngc, then it could take days to be opened n listed on ur submission status tracking at ngc....once u see available for pick up u can basically relax n when u see received on ngc staus u know its in the system....for example i talked to ngc today n they were just opening mail they received on 7 april today.....

Just concerned due to the fact that I mailed it on the 14th an then my next update was on the 18th with the delay notice. Didn’t say it left my home state TX or anything. And absolutely nothing since then. Weird. 

13 hours ago, reynoldsmc75 said:

Just concerned due to the fact that I mailed it on the 14th an then my next update was on the 18th with the delay notice. Didn’t say it left my home state TX or anything. And absolutely nothing since then. Weird. 

Honestly, that happens quite a bit lately, although I thought it had cleared up a bit, particularly with priority stuff.  I would call the last known post office where it was scanned and ask them what's up.  

8 hours ago, Morpheus1967 said:

Honestly, that happens quite a bit lately, although I thought it had cleared up a bit, particularly with priority stuff.  I would call the last known post office where it was scanned and ask them what's up.  

Will do. Losing hope though. I’m so freaking broken hearted. 4 Morgan cc’s, and 2  10 dollar gold Indians. If they’re really gone I’ll be shattered. Eagles were my grandfathers. 

On 4/26/2021 at 3:30 PM, MarkFeld said:

I don't know the exact threshold, but once you get above ~$1000 in USPS insurance, it does become cheaper to use Registered Mail.

I was told (don't know if it is true) that the loss ratio for Express Mail is extremely low, close to that of Registered Mail. Supposedly Express Mail is scanned every stop on the way and never sits around long so it is very rare that they get lost/stolen. Unless it is a very valuable submission, I'll send Express with no insurance. Cheap and fast!

3 minutes ago, gmarguli said:

I don't know the exact threshold, but once you get above ~$1000 in USPS insurance, it does become cheaper to use Registered Mail.

I was told (don't know if it is true) that the loss ratio for Express Mail is extremely low, close to that of Registered Mail. Supposedly Express Mail is scanned every stop on the way and never sits around long so it is very rare that they get lost/stolen. Unless it is a very valuable submission, I'll send Express with no insurance. Cheap and fast!

Right now I’m out $4000.00 dollars plus $60 in insurance. Shipping costs are kind of the least of my worries, but I appreciate the advice.