• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading Tibet and Nepal coins.

7 posts in this topic

I want to send my coins for grading of my Nepali and Tibetan coins . For sending coins is it ok if I put the one coin in a flip and fold the other half of the flip and label with the submission number. 

3 minutes ago, neti-numisphila said:

I want to send my coins for grading of my Nepali and Tibetan coins . For sending coins is it ok if I put the one coin in a flip and fold the other half of the flip and label with the submission number. 

What I do is label piece of paper with the number provided and slip it in one side of the flip and the coin in the other side. One coin per flip. It's worked out great. The I fold the flips and put em in a regular envelope and seal. And fold it up where they won't come open and slide it in a bubble wrap envelope. One that's a fairly tight fit so they won't come open  and the coin doesn't slip out. 

12 minutes ago, neti-numisphila said:

For sending coins is it ok if I put the one coin in a flip and fold the other half of the flip and label with the submission number. 

That's pretty much exactly what I do, unless it's still in the original packaging/capsule then I just label that and send it. Handle the coin as little as possible whatever you do. If the coins have a high value you might want to verify their authenticity, just saying. Good Luck.

12 minutes ago, neti-numisphila said:

Thanks a lot. Do I have to mention the Catalog no. and description of the coin?

Also for high value coin where do I verify my coins. Please let me know.

It's very helpful if you list the KM# and/or add a little description but you don't have to. As far as authentication, if you have a local coin shop or club that would be a good place to start but quite honestly posting clear, cropped and properly oriented pictures of a coin on this forum, CU and/or CT is probably your best option. We like looking at coins.(thumbsu

Just follow the directions on the submission form and as posted by the authentication company.

On 4/24/2021 at 3:35 PM, neti-numisphila said:

Do I have to mention the Catalog no. and description of the coin?

I would if you know it.  Less chance of them getting it wrong that way.