• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading Articles

14 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, DWLange said:

The stories you are about to read are true. Only the grades have been changed to protect the innocent:

Submitted for your amusement.......an ordinary common Morgan Dollar....the owner, 74-year old Elinore Dimple....who needs the money to buy pet supplies for her 3-year old poodle campanion......grade level of the coin......MS63......worth a few dollars at our local coin shop.....but somehow.....re-submitted for grading.....returned without the blemishes, a near-perfect coin......now MS69........estimated market value.......$150,000....now Mrs. Dimple is being beseiged by coin collectors who all want the coin for their sets....and will pay any price....or do ANYTHING.....to get it....even it means.....entering.....The Twighlight Zone.  xD

Edited by GoldFinger1969

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

That was partner number two, Harry Morgan. Number one was Ben Alexander, and I don't know whose decision it was to replace him when the show resumed production in 1965 after a ten-year hiatus.

1 hour ago, DWLange said:

Number one was Ben Alexander, and I don't know whose decision it was to replace him when the show resumed production in 1965 after a ten-year hiatus.

He had another series he committed to.  Alexander had just signed to play the role of Sgt. Dan Briggs on the weekly ABC series FELONY SQUAD.

Mr. Lange's "Grading Articles" definitely have earned the grade of "A." Plus - his photo is on the company home page - center, 2nd row.

[We didn't have TV when I was a kid. Had to stand on the lawn and decipher a stream of microwaves to see a show.]

Edited by RWB

2 hours ago, RWB said:

Quintus - You have to go to Popeye's for that.

That might be better quality than he seeks or is familiar with. :devil:

52 minutes ago, MarkFeld said:

That might be better quality than he seeks or is familiar with. :devil:

The tiny Roy Rogers chain in VA and MD has far better chicken than Popeyes, but they won't ship via email..... :(

Edited by RWB

Two things... all my Brooks Brothers suits are gone and I have finally chopped off my five year-old, four-foot long beard. And if there are those who must know, I never smoked or drank and the scent of marijuana annoys me.  I March to the beat of a different drum.  My wife is ridiculously camera-shy (making eye exams difficult) but if I should have the rare honor of running into VKurtB at a show, I will graciously allow him to take our picture.