• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

INB GRADING

6 posts in this topic

I'm anxious to see how many chime in on this subject, pros and cons. I did a google search and they have a terrible reputation but nothing is recent, all from 2018 and back. It appears there are only 2 tpg's that can be trusted, even though they both have had numerous mistakes and complaints, not to mention the exorbitant fees. I have come across a few INB slabbed coins, they don't hesitate to mark a 70 on a coin, that's for sure. Somehow they got on the wrong side of Ebay also because they won't even recognize them. The coin is below, I do see imperfections, just not sure if they are the case or the coin. I hold this coin next to another graded by one of the big boys at a 69 or even a 68 and see absolutely no difference, hence the subjectivity.

comments?

INB.jpg

There are 3 trusted TPG's. NGC, PCGS and ANACS. INB (International Numismatic Bureau) was mentioned in another thread last week and google searched them. Could not find website and the reviews are terrible.

the slab is the slab is the slab.....  with that said look at the coin.  tell who you are buying it from that you believe it is only a 68 and then come to a concensus on what you are willing to give for it.  I have many "off" brand slabs.  Most i feel were over graded and i told the deal i was buying it from so.  and he kinda just says well yeah i think so to then we agree on what it really is and go from there.  ALWAYS BUY THE COIN.  there are dogs of many coats and colors (SLABS)  even if it was an NGC or PCGS tell them you think it may be over graded and then tell them why you think so.  just me thats whaat i do.  I am a coin collector not a slab collector :)  

As you see no difference between this company's product and say the host here I suggest you buy ten MS70 INB holdered coins.   Crack those out and send to NGC and see how they grade, as you claim there are no differences you should be able to make a fortune when you sell the coin in the new NGC slab.   Please report back with your results.

Edited by Coinbuf

INB is/was a basement slabber.  They didn't accept outside submissions, I don't believe they ever had a website, and their grading is not to be trusted.  Most of the slabs have been in "safeslab" generic shells, but the OP slab is in a Coin World/Amos Advantage shell.  The CW/AA shells are more substantial and probably do a better job protecting the coin.  Neither type of shell is sealed.