• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats the turn around on conservation right now?.

19 posts in this topic

I had a dealer friend send my coin in for conservation and regrade and the registry shows the deleted coin code which seems to mean it had its old slab removed but this was over a month ago and he called NGC yesterday and was told the coin hadn't been received for grading yet...the coin was not a shipwreck coin so not a major disaster to need a lot of conservation so why more then a month to even get through NCS?.

• Administrator

Dear Dark Chameleon,

Thank you.  Please email me directly at LISAB@NGCCOIN.COM

I can tell you that NCS conservation is taking at least 20 + business days.

Thank you,

Lisa

On 4/20/2021 at 6:33 PM, LISA B said:

Dear Dark Chameleon,

Thank you,

Lisa

I just read a conservation time now on the British ngc of 45 days, is that real?

Dear Dark Chameleon,

Thank you,

Lisa

I'm hearing its now quoting at 45+ days 

I've used NCS four times now and every time it took a while for the new number to appear.  patience is a virtue; it will eventually show up.  

On 4/24/2021 at 4:32 PM, Dark Chameleon said:

just read a conservation time now on the British ngc of 45 days, is that real?

Did you send your coin(s) to England??????

:juggle:

8 minutes ago, Alex in PA. said:

Did you send your coin(s) to England??????

:juggle:

Its the first time I've seen an estimated date on the ncs on ngc website...I've had my coin in NCS now since March 17th when it was recorded so opened.

Hello NGC 

Please post an update as what day is being opened now ? Please try to do that once weekly if possible , I have 3 shipments delivered to NGC over the past 3 weeks abs none is listed the first was delivered on 4/13 

• Administrator

Good Morning,

We are opening mail that was delivered to us on April 7th.  NCS is running at about 21 business days depending on what needs to be done to the coins.

Thank you,

Lisa

On 4/27/2021 at 8:11 AM, LISA B said:

Good Morning,

We are opening mail that was delivered to us on April 7th.  NCS is running at about 21 business days depending on what needs to be done to the coins.

Thank you,

Lisa

I'm at 30 business days and counting, my lcs called today got the same boiler plate reply...its in for grading...but considering ngc messed up an AGE gold 33 anniversary set giving the 33 anniversary label to a 2019 set im not hopeful.

Edited by Dark Chameleon

On 4/20/2021 at 1:53 PM, Dark Chameleon said:

I had a dealer friend send my coin in for conservation and regrade and the registry shows the deleted coin code which seems to mean it had its old slab removed but this was over a month ago and he called NGC yesterday and was told the coin hadn't been received for grading yet...the coin was not a shipwreck coin so not a major disaster to need a lot of conservation so why more then a month to even get through NCS?.

31 working days and counting...is this a new record?.

The dealer called gc today and 'apparently' they haven't even begun as they are 'reviewing whether to restore'.....so over 30 working days and haveyet to do anything even though the restoration is 20 days max which passed two weeks ago and as it was sent early bird or something I should have had it back by now and yet here we are....im seriously thinking of moving to PCGS if this is the quality of NGC work right now....been opened since March 17th and not done anything whatsoever.

28 minutes ago, Dark Chameleon said:

The dealer called gc today and 'apparently' they haven't even begun as they are 'reviewing whether to restore'.....so over 30 working days and haveyet to do anything even though the restoration is 20 days max which passed two weeks ago and as it was sent early bird or something I should have had it back by now and yet here we are....im seriously thinking of moving to PCGS if this is the quality of NGC work right now....been opened since March 17th and not done anything whatsoever.

Even had its code removed in the registry which means its been cracked open and gas been that way for a long time so its open to the elements while some decides if they want to do anything with it...thats terrible for any business let alone what should be the business leader.

12 minutes ago, Dark Chameleon said:

Even had its code removed in the registry which means its been cracked open and gas been that way for a long time so its open to the elements while some decides if they want to do anything with it...thats terrible for any business let alone what should be the business leader.

Ncs conservation turnaround 20 days plus early bird grading 12 days, equals 32 days, excuse, pitiful 'its being reviewed' and has been for one and a half months.......state where in the time line or fees and tiers it states more thenna month of sitting around doing nothing?

Edited by Dark Chameleon

On 5/3/2021 at 3:21 PM, Dark Chameleon said:

Ncs conservation turnaround 20 days plus early bird grading 12 days, equals 32 days, excuse, pitiful 'its being reviewed' and has been for one and a half months.......state where in the time line or fees and tiers it states more thenna month of sitting around doing nothing?

Well we crossed 35 days now, according to NGCs time lines I should be in possession of my coin but no, no response to email either....where is my coin?

Edited by Dark Chameleon

Dear Dark Chameleon,

Thank you,

Lisa

I have emailed you and messaged you and commented to you but you still haven't replied.

Edited by Dark Chameleon