I didn’t know about this coin. Until today.
5 5

98 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Hoghead515 said:

I went to the bank this morning to get a roll to check and got a whole roll of 2021 P.  Nothing but. 

Have you seen the Tuskegee Airmen one in circulation? I have not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

Have you seen the Tuskegee Airmen one in circulation? I have not.

I have been getting quite a few of the 2021-D Tuskegee Airmen quarters in change out here in southern California. Only two keepers so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lem E said:

I have found 4 Tuskegee coins so far. All Denver. Everything new in Illinois (my area anyway) is from the Denver Mint.

I very rarely find any coins from the Philadelphia mint here in southern California. I got a 2002-P Tennessee state quarter in change yesterday in AU58-MS60 condition. I must have spent a half hour grading and debating whether to 2x2 holder it or not. The strings of the violin on the reverse were slightly worn under magnification. I decided to keep it because I may never find another in the wild.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Modwriter said:

I very rarely find any coins from the Philadelphia mint here in southern California. I got a 2002-P Tennessee state quarter in change yesterday in AU58-MS60 condition. I must have spent a half hour grading and debating whether to 2x2 holder it or not. The strings of the violin on the reverse were slightly worn under magnification. I decided to keep it because I may never find another in the wild.

Not bad condition for the age. It took me 17 years to find a 2004 Iowa P coin to complete my states album.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Quintus Arrius said:

I got a few proof Puerto Rican quarters with a San Franciso mint mark.  Does that count for anything?

Yes, of course, it does count Quintus, 2009 State or 2012 ATB Puerto Rico San Franciso mint quarters? Silver proofs or NP's? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Modwriter said:

Yes, of course, it does count Quintus, 2009 State or 2012 ATB Puerto Rico San Franciso mint quarters? Silver proofs or NP's? 

I bought five proof 2009-S at a very good price and gave all except one as gifts to local merchants here in East Harlem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, VKurtB said:

Have you seen the Tuskegee Airmen one in circulation? I have not.

Got one back at Arby's a couple mornings ago. They are just now getting started in this part of the country. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checked Coinfacts. The Tuskegee Airmen quarter looks like it will have low mintage numbers. 2 million each from the Philadelphia and Denver mints. There are not any San Fransisco mint numbers posted yet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A 2021-D NP Tuskegee Airmen quarter graded PCGS MS67 just sold for $191 on eBay. I am going to hold onto ALL of my Tuskegees until there is more information.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Modwriter said:

A 2021-D NP Tuskegee Airmen quarter graded PCGS MS67 just sold for $191 on eBay. I am going to hold onto ALL of my Tuskegees until there is more information.

I just rolled up a whole roll of Ps to put back. They are all pretty rough tho. I'd say the nicest one is probably only a ms64. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The tough part is to complete the whole Dansco album that includes proofs, you have to bust up a $105 silver proof set.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

The tough part is to complete the whole Dansco album that includes proofs, you have to bust up a $105 silver proof set.

That would be hard to do for sure. I would have to put a little sticker in the album saying “see proof set for S coin”. It’s hard enough to find the Dansco album itself anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Lem E said:

That would be hard to do for sure. I would have to put a little sticker in the album saying “see proof set for S coin”. It’s hard enough to find the Dansco album itself anymore.

The only thing that makes it palatable is the need to keep the Kennedy Half Dansco and the Roosy Dime Dansco up to date too. I have all the currently running Danscos. It was easier when there were 5 different quarters in the set.

Edited by VKurtB
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

The only thing that makes it palatable is the need to keep the Kennedy Half Dansco and the Roosy Dime Dansco up to date too. I have all the currently running Danscos. It was easier when there were 5 different quarters in the set.

I think the multi quarter sets will be coming back next year. I have looked for Dansco albums but they seem to always be sold out everywhere I look, or if I do find one it is some oddball coin I don't collect.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hoghead515 said:

I just rolled up a whole roll of Ps to put back. They are all pretty rough tho. I'd say the nicest one is probably only a ms64. 

A Tuskegee 2021-S PCGS MS68 NP MS just sold on eBay for $1,125. A MS66-D Tuskegee sold for $36.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2021-S-ATB-Quarter-Tuskegee-PCGS-MS-68-Population-2-Blue-Label-No-Reserve-/265137599250?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Quintus Arrius said:

If what you say is true, I take back every negative statement I have made about clads in the past 37 years.

Finding a non-proof in MS68 is verrrrrrry difficult, nearly unheard of. They need to be “naked eye flawless” to be a candidate. On the other hand, the actual majority of Tuskegee proofs are likely PF70’s.

Edited by VKurtB
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, VKurtB said:

Finding a non-proof in MS68 is verrrrrrry difficult, nearly unheard of. They need to be “naked eye flawless” to be a candidate. On the other hand, the actual majority of Tuskegee proofs are likely PF70’s.

For what it's worth, on the cover of the NGC/NCS Submission Form Instructions booklet, is showcased an 1880-S Morgan dollar in MS-68 condition, certification # 3738219-003 which I assume you would be able to find on their look-up.  I must admit I thought about the comment you made regarding the circulation vs numismatic production lines and the negligible possibility of finding near flawless coins.  Considering it's age, weight and the manner used in transporting them, this 1880-S is an extraordinary find.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
5 5