• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I didn’t know about this coin. Until today.
2 2

101 posts in this topic

Just picked up my first 2021-D Crossing the Delaware quarter in change from the market. Its a keeper! The cashier needed to open a new roll of cents and cracked it open on the register drawer. I said "Yikes!" out loud. lol. I told her that I collected coins and told her about the 2 new 2021 quarters.

22 minutes ago, UrbanDecay4 said:

Looks like yours has a bit of DDD going on... but it could be the reflection?

I haven’t really taken a good look at it yet. I’ll have to check when I get a chance, but from what I hear they are putting these dies through the ringer so it wouldn’t surprise me one bit.

17 minutes ago, Modwriter said:

Just picked up my first 2021-D Crossing the Delaware quarter in change from the market. Its a keeper! The cashier needed to open a new roll of cents and cracked it open on the register drawer. I said "Yikes!" out loud. lol. I told her that I collected coins and told her about the 2 new 2021 quarters.

You should've saved some for me! :wink:

4 hours ago, UrbanDecay4 said:

Looks like yours has a bit of DDD going on... but it could be the reflection?

A true DD is the LEAST LIKELY outcome. Working dies get squeezed once, so most of the classic causes are now impossible. The only one remaining creates central “smeared” features. 

11 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

A true DD is the LEAST LIKELY outcome. Working dies get squeezed once, so most of the classic causes are now impossible. The only one remaining creates central “smeared” features. 

I was assuming he meant die deterioration. 

9 minutes ago, Lem E said:

I may have to take a look at that line above PLURIBUS though and see what that is. (Not sure why I quoted myself.) These 12 hr shifts are getting to me.

Edited by Lem E
Need sleep

11 hours ago, VKurtB said:

11 hours ago, Lem E said:

Yes, I was referring to Die Deterioration

3 hours ago, UrbanDecay4 said:

Yes, I was referring to Die Deterioration

Sounds like they're overusing the dies to me. Oh well, the 1932-1998 + 2021 "WC the D" obverse seems doomed again.

11 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

Sounds like they're overusing the dies to me. Oh well, the 1932-1998 + 2021 "WC the D" obverse seems doomed again.

More than likely... But I love the new reverse... it's my favorite

1 minute ago, UrbanDecay4 said:

More than likely... But I love the new reverse... it's my favorite

IMO there is NO need to mess with the obverse again. Leave the darned thing alone as it is for the Washington Crossing reverse quarter.

1 minute ago, VKurtB said:

IMO there is NO need to mess with the obverse again. Leave the darned thing alone as it is for the Washington Crossing reverse quarter.

Agreed, this is their best reverse so far, and I see no need to change it again... at least for the next 50 years

3 minutes ago, UrbanDecay4 said:

Agreed, this is their best reverse so far, and I see no need to change it again... at least for the next 50 years

Yeah, but that ship seems to have already sailed. It looks like there will be no more Washington Crossing quarters after this year. As Popeye might say, "Wimmings is trouble."

Edited by VKurtB

Just now, VKurtB said:

Yeah, but that ship seems to have already sailed. It looks like there will be no more Washington Crossing quarters after this year.

Dang... have they chosen a design for 2022 yet?

Same here, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they changed it again or reverted back to the states/atb obverse. I like the classic.

Just now, UrbanDecay4 said:

Dang... have they chosen a design for 2022 yet?

Two so far, one is for Sally Ride, and if memory serves, the other is for Harriet Tubman.

2 minutes ago, Lem E said:

Same here, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they changed it again or reverted back to the states/atb obverse. I like the classic.

They're fairly serious about adopting the obverse from the 1999 Washington gold $5. It looks great with deep relief, but will look cheap if it's flat.

Edited by VKurtB

1 minute ago, VKurtB said:

Two so far, one is for Sally Ride, and if memory serves, the other is for Harriet Tubman.

Maya Angelou I believe.

Just now, VKurtB said:

Why? Neither of those has to do with presidents... It's just as bad as the Harriet Tubman $20 bill! :eyeroll:

2 minutes ago, Lem E said:

Maya Angelou I believe.

Yup, that's right. She's a poet and I didn't know it.

Edited by VKurtB

If they want to change the face of currency why don't they just come out with a new denomination instead of ruining the ones we already have, and have had for centuries! rantrant

Edited by UrbanDecay4

2 minutes ago, UrbanDecay4 said:

Why? Neither of those has to do with presidents... It's just as bad as the Harriet Tubman $20 bill! :eyeroll:

They are honoring women. PC knows no bounds.

If they want to change the face of currency why don't they just come out with a new denomination instead of ruining the ones we already have and have had for centuries! rantrant

The obverse will still be Washington.

If they want to change the face of currency why don't they just come out with a new denomination instead of ruining the ones we already have, and have had for centuries! rantrant

Like the Fiji 7 dollar note?

Similar but in the American style, of course

Unless the make a 3 dollar note to put with the 7 to make 10, I'm not interested.

Just now, VKurtB said:

Unless the make a 3 dollar note to put with the 7 to make 10, I'm not interested.

I was thinking even denominations instead of odds