• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission FAILURE. NGC is turning sour
1 1

130 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, GoldFinger1969 said:

Well, he said he has been doing this for 40 years and is an expert on the coins:

"I started coin collecting 40 years ago. I've turned my father's hobby into a profession.  My background is high enough to determine that and the statement that I made."

Maybe he's an expert on other coins, but if he focused on these coins, he would have realized long ago there was a problem.

After @RWB posted those side by sides it only took me 20 seconds to spot the difference. 

Edited by Hoghead515

[What a shame.  A member not 24 hours, stated his case, presented his evidence, sounded off on TPGS, generally, and did not receive quite the reception he bargained for.

I would urge to OP to hold onto the coins and when the right opportunity develops, present them to someone qualified to acquaint you with what you have, face-to-face, in a matter-of-fact but sympathetic matter.

Rambling nonsense....PCGS and NGC haven't and aren't merging.xD

You refuse to accept that the coins are counterfeit.  Either you bought them from someone who didn't realize they were fakes....or conned you...or you inherited the coins.  Regardless, don't blame PCGS or NGC.

You say the coins are legit ?  Then sell them to a collector of that type and get top dollar.

Good Luck ! (thumbsu

I've heard it all now. How can they be corrupt. When they grade the coins they don't know whose they are grading. They go in the grading room unlabeled so they won't show favoritism to one collector or another. And it is several of them. I could understand if it just one or two men deciding it wasn't genuine it may be a mistake. But when they all say it's not genuine then more than likely it's not. What I researched shows that's a coin that's highly counterfeited. 

2 hours ago, Alex in PA. said:

Same person - same gripe - new name.  Adios Machaca.

istockphoto-94526795-612x612.jpg

But but but, this is a horse’s patoot, right?

12 hours ago, Joejingojack said:

NGC and PCGS are both corrupt organizations who control the collectible market

Bitcoin fixes that.

Conspiracy theorist with Bitcoin fantasies. Oh what fun! 

31 minutes ago, MarkFeld said:

The various unfounded and unsubstantiated accusations by the initiator of this thread serve as a textbook example of how NOT to build credibility.

I wonder if it wasn't a troll because he claims experience (he does it for a living) and yet can offer no reasoned points that would back up his assertions.  He just goes off on a rant with total falsehoods and non-sequiters.

Anyway, I look forward to the NGC and PCGS merger and the joining of our two message forums.xD  Will be the greatest combination since Homer Simpson noted the addition of chocolate to milk. xD

The OP may be on to something. I have had coins graded by NGC in the past. I have found dryer coins in the past as shown above. Dryer coins have typically been through a washing machine and then a dryer. By definition, these coins have been laundered. You cannot dispute science in action......................

6CD634FF-E54F-4C5D-ABFE-55AF83DED381.jpeg

2 minutes ago, LOCK34 said:

The OP may be on to something. I have had coins graded by NGC in the past. I have found dryer coins in the past as shown above. Dryer coins have typically been through a washing machine and then a dryer. By definition, these coins have been laundered. You cannot dispute science in action......................

What do dryer coins, and the fact that you have had coins graded, have to do with each other, or with the OP's post? Your post is confusing. Care to elaborate further?

8 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

What do dryer coins, and the fact that you have had coins graded, have to do with each other, or with the OP's post? Your post is confusing. Care to elaborate further?

I think he was being sarcastic. Hope so anyways. 

Edited by Hoghead515

Just now, LOCK34 said:
“sense of humor

noun
  1. a person's ability to perceive humor or appreciate a joke.“

A moronic thread deserves moronic posts.

Got it (thumbsu

Must be too early for me. Let me go find my coffee cup..........................

6 minutes ago, JKK said:

To me, the fact that NGC doesn't delete such speculations says a great deal. They are so unconcerned about any substance behind these posts that they simply don't care. "So what did you post on the NGC board today, honey?" "I gave them hell for being corrupt and part of a conspiracy." "How did they react?" "They didn't."

They probably laughing about it like us. Lol. I think it goes even bigger than the OP is claiming. I think it also involves the CIA and aliens. 

2 hours ago, JKK said:

To me, the fact that NGC doesn't delete such speculations says a great deal. They are so unconcerned about any substance behind these posts that they simply don't care. "So what did you post on the NGC board today, honey?" "I gave them hell for being corrupt and part of a conspiracy." "How did they react?" "They didn't."

Care or not, they're going down the rabbit hole... It's just a matter of time at this point.

P.S: The merger between PCGS and NGC I was talking about should not necessarily be "in your face" people. I hope you get it now.

Edited by Joejingojack

3 minutes ago, Joejingojack said:

Care of not they're going down the rabbit hole.. It's just a matter of time at this point.

P.S: The merger between PCGS and NGC I was talking about should not necessarily be "in your face". I hope you get it now.

I don't need to get it. I don't own the problem. Whoever owns the problem needs to deal with their problem.

I just made a very reasonable observation that NGC can't be too concerned about your accusations because they don't even address them, in spite of the fact that they own this board and can do as they please.