• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any idea of grade
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I believe Coinbuf's leading economic indicators (VF-25) are a bit optimistic what with localized wear on LIBERTY and a final 2 in 1922 which appears to have suffered an earthquake aftershock which has lowered its calorie intake and skewed its orientation clockwise to the vertical, but I am wise enough to refrain from challenging an expert.

If this were to come into the imaginary coin shop in my mind, I would rate it Fine.

1 hour ago, Quintus Arrius said:

I believe Coinbuf's leading economic indicators (VF-25) are a bit optimistic what with localized wear on LIBERTY and a final 2 in 1922 which appears to have suffered an earthquake aftershock which has lowered its calorie intake and skewed its orientation clockwise to the vertical, but I am wise enough to refrain from challenging an expert.

If this were to come into the imaginary coin shop in my mind, I would rate it Fine.

:roflmao:If you only knew.

5 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

The VDB initials are not visible in the pic. Isn't that a factor to consider in cent authentication and grading?

16 minutes ago, Modwriter said:

The VDB initials are not visible in the pic. Isn't that a factor to consider in cent authentication and grading?

In this particular case, not so much. The only reason any 1922 “plain” cent can exist is via an exceptionally weak strike, which also will make the VDB not appear. This coin is suspicious, as RWB has indicated, because the location of the second “2” doesn’t appear right. 

6 hours ago, Coinbuf said:

:roflmao:If you only knew.

[What I do know is either it should be seized by the Federal Government, or in the alternative, given to a Young Numismatist who merely wants to fill a hole in his album. Period.]