• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Same Coin in 2 Set Registry Collections

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm sorry to bring this matter up using the Forum. Admittedly, it's a little embarrassing for me to bring it up in a public forum setting.
I hoped for the issue not gaining unnecessary attention. 

I've sent a message regarding the issue using the Help Form inside the Registry, but haven't received a reply, nor a solution. No pressure at all. Maybe I can get a little feedback here, if possible.
Please excuse the blunder, if I've gone about this the wrong way.

I've just completed one of my Sets, and there's a coin that I own in my Registry that also appears in another Collector's Set Registry. Apparently, the coin was once graded and encapsulated by NGC, but is now in a PCGS holder under my ownership. 

What should I do? 

I've chosen to not mention the Sets here, unless you all need me to. The Help Form has the information there, along with the Auction record reference. 
Let me know if I need to provide specific information/details here, or if I need to go about this using a different format other than the NGC Set Registry Forum.

Thanks in advance,
Poobah

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Grandmaster Supreme Poobah said:

Hello,

I'm sorry to bring this matter up using the Forum. Admittedly, it's a little embarrassing for me to bring it up in a public forum setting.
I hoped for the issue not gaining unnecessary attention. 

I've sent a message regarding the issue using the Help Form inside the Registry, but haven't received a reply, nor a solution. No pressure at all. Maybe I can get a little feedback here, if possible.
Please excuse the blunder, if I've gone about this the wrong way.

I've just completed one of my Sets, and there's a coin that I own in my Registry that also appears in another Collector's Set Registry. Apparently, the coin was once graded and encapsulated by NGC, but is now in a PCGS holder under my ownership. 

What should I do? 

I've chosen to not mention the Sets here, unless you all need me to. The Help Form has the information there, along with the Auction record reference. 
Let me know if I need to provide specific information/details here, or if I need to go about this using a different format other than the NGC Set Registry Forum.

Thanks in advance,
Poobah

Hi, Grandmaster. Thank you for your interest in the NGC Registry. We do our best to ensure the NGC Registry is accurate, and we rely on the integrity of our collectors to display only actual slabbed NGC and PCGS coins. We do need some kind of proof that there was a crossover, as we do not have access to PCGS records. If you could send any documentation with the specific certification numbers in question, to reigstry@NGCcoin.com, we would appreciate it. Thank you.