• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950-D Jefferson 5c MS65FS" Misprint Label "
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I bought this coin for 20 bucks. Well I'm concerned, everyone on here is teaching us that if there scratches or hits in the steps they don't qualify as full steps. I'm not understanding because I have a few with less hits and scratches, then this one you see in the photo. I have no 50 Ds but some other older one's I have put away. Any help would be appreciated thanks. Hmmm hm

20210410_135913.jpg

20210410_140051.jpg

20210410_140220.jpg

20210410_140134.jpg

I agree that the coin you have in your op graded by PCGS should not have been called FS, there are several significant major cuts/hits/disturbances of the steps on that coin.   But TPG's make mistakes and this coin is proof of that, if you own that coin whatever you do never crack it out as the chances are high it will never get the FS distinction again.   It is coins like this that fuel the conspiracy theories that some submitters get special treatment. 

This is a shining example of the advice so many of the tenured guys tell newbies...buy the coin not the holder/label. Not a dig at the OP just stating I’ve read that comment a thousand times now and this is proof positive it’s sound advice. 

I agree with everyone about the steps. There are several spots that take this out of the running for an FS designation. I have a few pieces myself with the FS designation that I don’t believe deserve it. I think it happens more than people realize.