1933 Saint-Gaudens Double Eagle Graded MS-65....no holder !!
2 2

130 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

On the PCGS photo above, the key light is obviously coming from approximately 12 o’clock, while on the StacksBowers photo, the key light is coming from between 8 and 9 o’clock. The more you know about photographic lighting, the more you realize how utterly critical these choices are. Both the pictures on the Beatles Album “Meet the Beatles” and the classic scary Vincent Price photos are essentially single light photos (with very little fill). The direction makes all the difference in the world.

[You should be on Jeopardy!  The breadth of your knowledge is, well, breathtaking.]

51 minutes ago, Quintus Arrius said:

[You should be on Jeopardy!  The breadth of your knowledge is, well, breathtaking.]

Jeopardy smart, no. Portrait and glamour photographer smart, yes.

Edited by VKurtB

11 hours ago, VKurtB said:

Jeopardy smart, no. Portrait and glamour photographer smart, yes.

Good thing you look very distinguished and you're spontaneity makes you a force to be reckoned with. I am deeply sorry the roadside stands you are accustomed to are scarce in Alabama. Would you be willing to concede Buffalo Head's photography skills are up to par, all things considered?

23 minutes ago, Quintus Arrius said:

Good thing you look very distinguished and you're spontaneity makes you a force to be reckoned with. I am deeply sorry the roadside stands you are accustomed to are scarce in Alabama. Would you be willing to concede Buffalo Head's photography skills are up to par, all things considered?

Who????

2 hours ago, VKurtB said:

Who????

@Buffalo Head Someone is going to have to help me out here as I do not believe he has spoken up.   Another member has availed himself of having 📷's taken by him of his coins and the results, by mutual assent, are incredibly sharp.  I believe they are all buried in one of the Post your recent acquisition threads.  In fact, maybe, just maybe, the professional quality of his coin photos is such that you would have no trouble breaking with long-standing custom and make a purchase solely on the strength of the quality (lighting, illumination of critical details, sharp focus, and maximum size) provided by his photos.  If he were to have access to the S-G '33, I suspect his photos would be re-touched or rejected outright for revealing the true extent of Lady Liberty's leg injury in full, living color.

2 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

@Buffalo Head Someone is going to have to help me out here as I do not believe he has spoken up.   Another member has availed himself of having 📷's taken by him of his coins and the results, by mutual assent, are incredibly sharp.  I believe they are all buried in one of the Post your recent acquisition threads.  In fact, maybe, just maybe, the professional quality of his coin photos is such that you would have no trouble breaking with long-standing custom and make a purchase solely on the strength of the quality (lighting, illumination of critical details, sharp focus, and maximum size) provided by his photos.  If he were to have access to the S-G '33, I suspect his photos would be re-touched or rejected outright for revealing the true extent of Lady Liberty's leg injury in full, living color.

I know there are some awesome shooters of “coin glamour shots” around. Many are true artists. 

On 6/14/2021 at 10:21 AM, VKurtB said:

Who????

Here are a few coins of mine done by Buffalo Head. He does amazing work in my opinion.

On 6/14/2021 at 12:50 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

2E669728-25C5-43DD-8F5D-838B00324E00.jpeg

F968428C-4334-4FFE-886F-F1AF85C0E19B.jpeg

077752CA-DA0D-4C88-8C26-592D84E8E607.jpeg

C644A880-6057-423D-B3BD-AF46C0E09207.jpeg

22 hours ago, Lem E said:

Here are a few coins of mine done by Buffalo Head. He does amazing work in my opinion.

2E669728-25C5-43DD-8F5D-838B00324E00.jpeg

F968428C-4334-4FFE-886F-F1AF85C0E19B.jpeg

077752CA-DA0D-4C88-8C26-592D84E8E607.jpeg

C644A880-6057-423D-B3BD-AF46C0E09207.jpeg

Agreed. He is an artist indeed, without the “shmaltz”, which I appreciate.