• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buffalo Nickle
2 2

33 posts in this topic

On 4/23/2021 at 6:20 PM, Hoghead515 said:

I think I've learned that the hard way. 

The last outdoor flea market in New York (Manhattan) closed its gates years ago.  The ongoing pandemic has kept people indoors.  eBay is the next best thing to come along.  The only thing is you must excess caution, examine customer feedback and proceed upper-most with caution. Don't be afraid to contact sellers using the "Contact the seller" tab -- and examine the other coins (or unrelated merchandise) he may have for sale.  Remember, too, that OBO for Or [Stete] your Best Offer, allows you to express exactly what it is about the coin that you don't like.  A lot of people use eBay to sell something that was handed down to them that they have no interest in.  It's akin to  a giant Pawn Stars emporium.  Some people stick to their guns; others are so happy to get rid of an unwanted item that that thet will jump at the first opportunity to get rid of it and won't find out what they practically "gave away" until it becomes an episode on Antiques House. Again, read the reviews!  I have never had a bad experience using eBay.  (In fact, the User Name I use is the one bestowed upon me by PCGS.)